Mobile TV.

Discussion in Digital & Web TV started by pandandesign • Dec 17, 2013.

1. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    Has anyone watch TV on your mobile phone? For those who have either AT&T, T-Mobile, or Sprint, there is a Mobile TV app where you can download from Google Play or Apple store. I just start watching TV on my mobile phone a few days ago, which is a great experience that I'm able to watch my favorite TV channels on-the-go.

2. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I believe in Asian regions, some of their smart phones come with traditional antennas built into them too so you can watch OTA channels or something like that. I was just watching some videos of upcoming smart phones and one of the reviewers pointed that out on the phone he was reviewing.

I haven't watched entire shows on my phone yet, generally because it would kill my battery easily within about an hour and a half - two hours tops.

I probably would if I got a phone with a higher capacity battery.

3. Gmac9100

Gmac9100Active Member

Threads:
    I personally think that it's not worth my time. A cell hone phone screen is too small to actually be able to enjoy a show. Not to mention the strain on my eyes. I choose to pass on that offer. However It might be good on a tablet. Which has a much bigger screen display.

4. apple1989

apple1989Member

Threads:
    A mobile TV is your best buddy when there is no electricity. Here in the Philippines, there is a company that sells cellular phones with a built in antennae.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only watch sports on TV. For one to catch all the action and enjoy every moment you need to watch the game on a large screen. That's why I'd never watch games on my computer and if the screen is much larger than that of a mobile phone, I don't think I'd even consider taking a peek if someone was watching a game on their phone and I was stuck somewhere and missing out on it.

However if you are a news junkie I think Mobile TV could be a good thing.

6. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do watch TV on my Android phone. I have Netflix app on my phone. I also have the CW Now app on my phone. I watched Netflix when I was I on jury duty. I also watched it when I took a long distance bus trip. In both cases, there was free wi-fi available. I would never eat up my data allotment to watch TV on my phone.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No I haven't tried it yet and I don't think I will, because for sure it will just strain my arms, hands and wrist from holding the phone for a prolonged period of time. I'd rather watch programs on a big screen.

8. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've seen a few people trying to watch TV on their phones and the way they strained . . .

IMO, Mobile TV is good for something like News or talk shows because as long as you hear the sound of the person speaking, you won't mind that much even if you didn't see what was being shown on the screen. For someone like me who watches only sports, I'd find the small screen practically useless because I wouldn't catch all the action.

9. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    I live in Jamaica, several years ago, I had bought a phone which had the capability of streaming Television live to my mobile phone, to my recollection, it was a very useful application. Fortunately, that phone was stolen from my back pocket at an event, so I want to share that so that people learn from my mistake and ensure that they do not keep their valuables in their back pockets. But more importantly, Having the possibility of Television being able to stream to your mobile phone is certainly a good thing, it keeps you abreast on the go! :)

10. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have that app for my Xfinity cable on my iPad, and it is fine to watch a movie or whatever with the ipad. I would not want to try doing it on a cell phone, but i have seen people that seem to be perfectly happy with online movies and everything else on their phones.
    I think they must havemuch better eyes than I do.
    That said, I DO think that having an app to watch TV on your mobile deviceisagreat idea ! I can watch whatever I want to on my ipad, or read, and my husband can watch whatever he wants. We both use headphones, so we don't disturb each other, and if i am just reading a book, the house is nice and quiet so that I can read.

11. wulfman

wulfmanActive Member

Threads:
    Similar to gaming on a phone, watching TV on it would be even a worse experience for me. That small screen would just be a huge turn off. If it were available free then yea sure I would take it but I would never pay for such a service. I can see others viewing it as a good thing though. If you are at work and want to watch a playoff game then regardless of the small screen I would watch the game on my phone ! But a good movie or TV show or a sports matchup I would prefer to watch on my LED TV.

12. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I have had the chance to access phones with mobile TV. All I can say is that they are very convenient and you just have to access the feature by clicking the relevant button with no costs attached. Most people nevertheless desire the larger TV screens because of their visual appeal and higher recognition of details as well as the social experience of watching games together on the same screen irrespective of the dynamic of cost.

13. artyarson

artyarsonActive Member

Threads:
    That's kind of interesting. But hold on. Can the streaming actually be available through YouTube app? I can watch videos on my phone but can I watch live videos as well?

Moreover, I guess some channels are available for streaming online and you can just watch them from your smartphone.

14. Tiile23

Tiile23New Member

Threads:
    Personally, I don't fancy watching TV so I can't imagine going in for a phone that has TV capability. This in my opinion is quite needless as with the same phone of yours you can stream TV programs live from the internet.

Most television sets today are only large computer monitors with a decoder. The decoder is what actually gives it a TV capability.

15. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I have never watched TV on my mobile devices. Most of the TV channels in our country have apps on Apple store or Google store. By downloading and installing these apps, you can watch live TV or watch archived shows. However, since the screen is very small, I don't like to watch TV on mobile phone, however, I do watch a lot of online video.

16. Tiile23

Tiile23New Member

Threads:
    I quite agree with you on this@luri. Watching TV isn't preferred by most people these days. Even to those who still like to watch it, they are more advanced ways of doing it, like apps on playstore, appstore, or even on the internet. You can stream live TV shows these days and watch on your phone.

17. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I've experienced watching TV from my phone a few years ago back when streaming online isn't a trend (well in our country). Now I don't watch TV anymore, neither from the television or phone since I always watch movies and videos online :)