Minibar

Discussion in Travel started by Strykstar • Jun 5, 2014.

1. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    Do you ever use the minibar when you stay at a hotel?
    It just so expensive, I'd have to be really lazy or it would have to be really late at night for me to use them.

I can go down to the supermarket, get 5 chocolates for the price that I'd pay for 1 at the minibar, then just bring all the chocolates to the room :)

2. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    I will not use the minibar. Most of the items can be purchased elsewhere (sometimes within the hotel) at a much lower price. I will order room service on occasion if I am on a work trip and am too busy on my computer to look for a place to eat. Whether it is a snack or a drink, there are other options near most of the places I have stayed. I think that if I am too lazy to go out and get food, I am probably tired enough to be in bed getting some sleep.

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never used to the minibar at a hotel. The prices are just outrageous. I much prefer to visit the vending machine or stock up on snacks before returning to my hotel room.

4. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    Room Service is a different case to the minibar, I love room service :)
    I've even had them take food up to my room when I wasn't in so that I could eat something when I came back from partying.
    Of course it's a bit expensive, but not as much as the minibar, and when I stay in hotels, which is rarely, I like to spend a bit on these things.

5. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I also don't mind the room service but never for the minibar. The prices are almost triple as much as the price at the supermarket. Even though it is quite tempting especially if I was quite lazy to go out but I know I need to avoid it so I can save the money to buy more things outside the hotel.

6. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I have never ever taken anything from the minibar before.

In fact, I have even requested that the contents be removed from my room so I don't accidentally grab something from it after too much to drink or in the middle of the night.

7. Annabell

AnnabellActive Member

Threads:
    I believe I've used the minibar once or twice, but it's because they had items that were really hard to come by, like oreos and stuff which were pretty hard to come by, and thus very expensive at the time. I worked it out that it was cheaper to buy from the minibar than it was to go to one of the speciality American food stores that stocked them. So I raided the minibar, and kept asking for refills to boot!

8. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I don't! It's like throwing out my money. And I am not crazy nor rich to just do that. and even actually if I were rich, I would surely not do that. I value money. I know its value and I wouldn't just waste it for shelling out extra more just to have an item from the hotel's minibar. I would rather not buy anything if that would be the only near place to go to have something. I would rather wait to buy something cheaper from somewhere.