Metallic Sharpies - Anything Similar?

Discussion in Office Supplies started by Barbra_Klawsin • Mar 22, 2016.

1. Barbra_Klawsin

Barbra_KlawsinNew Member

Threads:
    I've recently been using metallic Sharpie Markers and love how I can use them for various craft projects. They work well on plain paper, but they really stand out on hard black cardboard covers of the albums I'm creating. I just love how they look, the way they work - everything about them. But I'm always looking to expand my arsenal of markers/ Pens/ colored pencils. Has anyone used a metallic marker that they just love and would recommend?

2. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I love metallic sharpies for making cards! They look so cool and the closest thing that comes to them in metallic gel pens, but you don't get that thick tip that sharpies provide. Have you thought of buying them online?

3. Barbra_Klawsin

Barbra_KlawsinNew Member

Threads:
    Hi @steph84@steph84 :) - I've never bought them online because I've found them at the local Office Max/Staples etc. I definitely love them enough to buy them in bulk (which is, I guess, what I would do if I got them online). But I'm really looking to see if there are other great metallic markers that do the job as well (or better) and would be a good investment. I agree with you, they're so great for certain projects. I do have the thinner gel pens as well, and use them for other things. But I'm always looking for something new and fun!

4. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I have a friend that uses Faber-Castell pens and always swears by them being good, but I haven't used them myself personally. The finished thing always looks good though. They use them on things like black party invitations or the like and they do look professional. I'm not sure if they have those where you are though as I'm in the UK.