Mega Bus: Yay Or Nay

Discussion in Travel started by atlmom5 • Jun 23, 2016.

1. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    I'm planning a trip to Miami real soon and I'm really considering the Mega Bus. I've heard some wonderful things about the bus and I've heard some not so great things about the bus. I can tell you one thing that I'm liking about Mega Bus is the affordability. This will be my first trip on this bus and I just wanted some feedback.

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love MegaBus, but you should check where the buses leave and arrive as these can change. Often buses share stops and aren't always that well marked, but be careful of how much luggage to take too, as you are only allowed one inside. Sit downstairs as it's quicker to get off and if you sit at the front the wi-fi is better and there is more overhead storage room too.

You must arrive early to get a good seat as the line starts forming an hour beforehand. I have been from New York to Boston for a dollar and it's fine. The stop in New York was a bit out, so it cost me a cab to get there, so those are the only things to look out for.

3. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    Thanks so much!

4. sidjohn

sidjohnMember

Threads:
    I never go with MegaBus but went to Miami through GetBusTours and had lovely memories to be there and explore its beauty. Now I will think about the MegaBus and like to see its arrival and departure stops. Hope so it will be cool way to know for me too and to make a plan to be there.

5. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Does anyone have a link that might show where all of their stops are? I am a big fan of Greyhound but noticed that last time we took them they had contracted out to a lot of other bus companies. I think much like certain airlines have 'hubs', certain bus companies also run more often on certain routes. It would be great if someone could come up with a travel site that would show you the best company to take for the route you want.

6. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would check the website, as they do post the stops there by region. However, they are subject to change due to roadworks and other incidents such as diversions. They have to choose the best stop for their drivers.

Also you should check the local area to see if they have a multi-stop area as many do outside rail stations that aren't signposted, but the locals know. I found that in New Haven, as people kept looking for the stop and a member of the train station told me what happens.

#6Jun 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  7. AgentD22

AgentD22New Member

Threads:
    I've chosen Megabug a couple of times, I guess I could sum up my personal experiences in this: It definetly the cheapest viable way to travel from one point to another, but it is the medium that offers the smallest amount of comfort, if you feel like you're a truly fexible type of person (Like I was in my youth) then by all means go for it, but remember to have room in your bag for a blanket and a pillow.

Going from what you've posted, I think you could go for it, I mean if budget is tight don't be afraid to use the Megabus my friend.