Making Or Buying A Cake?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by kamai • Jan 13, 2017.

1. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    Oh, he likes the really rich stuff. It's too much for me. That's a great alternative though. I like to "doctor up" packaged stuff sometimes to make it better. Sometimes, the price or convenience wins out over making it from scratch.

I also wanted to go back to the vanilla thing. I used to use that imitation stuff because it was so cheap. Now, I really swear by the pure vanilla. It definitely makes a difference.

If you can get the Watkin's brand, it's really good stuff. Sometimes, I see it cheaper on Amazon than at other stores (I have Prime and get the free shipping). I've also seen various online coupons for it from time to time.

2. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    If I know how to make a cake, I would definitely make it. I think it's much healthier and we can choose how we want it to be, and it will be less expensive too. I also think that the cakes in the bakery shops have become more and more expensive, and I always wish I know how to bake a cake. We tried to make cheese cake at home, though the ingredients are not really cheap, it's still cheaper that what we buy in the bakery shop, and I think they taste nicer too.

3. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I just learned how to make no bake cakes, So I still prefer making my own cake. I don't really care about those fancy looking frosting. Commercial cakes have chemicals used for rat poison. That is enough reason for me to avoid them. The money you will save from commercial cakes will haunt your health in the end.

4. Athanas

AthanasActive Member

Threads:
    If you have the necessary skills and all the ingredients to manufacture a cake, I would prefer you make your own at home. The advantage the homemade cake has over the one bought in the bakery or in the shop is that, with the home one, you can mix using your own best ingredients. Any ingredient in which you are allergic to, for instance, you then don't use it. You can also save on the costs manufacturing your own cake at home. What stops many people from making their own cake is the fact that the procedure for coming up with one seems very difficult.

5. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    Indeed is cheaper to make a cake at home then buying it, besides it is healthier because you are making it with your natural ingredients not using chemicals. The only disadvantage is that making a cake it takes time.
    Congratulation for your effort, I am sure your friend will be very happy!

6. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I love making microwave cakes. They come out so light and fluffy and save so much time. I encourage my granddaughter to make them too as children love to bake and hopefully when she is older she will make them herself rather than buy them.

7. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    When my mom was alive, she used to make cakes, although it was definitely not pleasing to the eyes, lol. In fairness, the cake tasted good. I also buy a cake during special occasions, since I don't know how to bake or cook, I really have no choice but to buy one.

8. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    We don't have oven for baking a cake. My daughter who just cane home from working abroad as a cook is a good cake baker.

Since we find it expensive to buy an oven or gas range for baking, she wants to bake not only cakes but other kinds of bread.

So for the meantime we just buy commercial cake every time we have a birthday celebrations. It's hassle-free ar cost-saving.

9. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    You can actually make cake with steamers, Rice cookers, pan and refrigerators. There are so many cake recipes out there that doesn't use an oven. Not all cakes uses an oven. Many of them doesn't even require cooking like the no bake cheesecakes.

10. bsiy8

bsiy8New Member

Threads:
    Making by my own gives me more pleasure than buying.

11. Arindam Chanda

Arindam ChandaNew Member

Threads:
    I love to make cakes in the home. Usually, I make fruitcake in the winter season. Sometimes it makes with egg or without egg.

12. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    Making your own cake is a lot cheaper than buying one. But in my case, I always buy cake from cake shops. This is because I don't know how to bake cakes. I tried it once last year, and I failed. After that, I iust decided to just buy cakes. Maybe in the future, I will learn how to make cakes but in the meantime, I will just go for the buy option for cakes.

13. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I choose to buy a cake than make a cake. For one I am not a good baker or cook and in that department I would leave it to the professionals. Second, it is much too time consuming for me and I feel I would either mess up the cake or make it taste terrible, costing too much time and money.

14. albert1122

albert1122New Member

Threads:
    Pre warm broiler to 350 degrees, oil and flour three 6" X 1/2" round cake skillet, combine flour, cocoa powder, preparing powder and heating pop, put aside, in a huge bowl, beat spread, eggs and vanilla, slowly include sugar, beat medium to rapid for around 3-4 minutes until the point that very much blended, then again consolidate in flour blend and drain to player while beating, keep on beating until the point when hitter is smooth, empty equivalent measures of player into lubed and floured round cake container, prepare 30 to 35 minutes, check with a toothpick to se on the off chance that it is done, Bake a couple of minutes more, if necessary, expel from stove and enable cakes to cool in searches for gold couple of minutes, put cakes on a wire rack, to them permit to totally cool...

15. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    I also like to bake a cake and this look special too.

16. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    I would prefer buying a cake from my favorite place, rather then spending a day at shopping for baking and spending another day on baking it and then thinking that it is not like that place's cake. because that is in expert's hand. And i am not expert. but if you are an expert then must do it and make your loved ones happy with your hard work and efforts.