Making Money From Ebooks

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by luri • May 17, 2017.

1. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    You can publish ebooks on various sites and put your books for sale. However, the main question is can you actually make money from ebooks? For example, if you publish on Amazon, how much books can you actually sell? I agree that in order to drive sells for your book, your book needs to be of high quality and written in the topic that is on demand. However, a good book does not always sell better.

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You need to promote your book in order to get the sales you want. People have to know about the book and desire it before they will put down money to buy it, even if it is as little as .99 cents. It still has to be something that someone wants to read, and desires to have. Promotion is key.

3. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, promotion is the key. You need to advertise your book to the right market. But Amazon is good and the sales from e-books are a lot higher than other e-book sales sites.

It is also better to have more than one book for sale. Maybe half a dozen short stories and a couple of novels would be fine. Can you imagine going into a clothes store to buy clothes and all they have for sale is one dress?

4. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I agree with both @janemariesayed@janemariesayed and @Ke Gordon@Ke Gordon that promotion is the key factor which will drive your book to the buying list. Also, you should provide something valuable for the readers to worth of their money spent in buying your book.

5. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I already thought about starting to make money this way (it seems like a great way to earn some extra money), but even though I already planned something, I still haven't decided to dive into it... Maybe soon. ;)

6. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes, even the so-called dumb books make it to the bestsellers list and that's probably because they can connect to a great number of readers. It might be difficult to predict how a book will fare but if you give it your best shot, offer something that a lot of people will be interested in, and actively promote the book, you'll likely achieve something out of it. The great thing about it is that a good book can provide you passive income in the years to come.

7. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    They say the format is kind of scary as far as the ebook thing goes though and I think as far as having no physical product resulted in a small price tag . I think with this format though everybody thinks they are a writer,so how would you get somebody to buy your book if you are not known. I think you may have to give away(ebook) the first one-and then write a series of books after that to get started though?

8. bomb2060

bomb2060Member

Threads:
    Some of us will require a tutorial on how to write in the first place. I'm a fan of reading fan pages and all that, but i have never done thought on writing my own ebooks. I hope it's not to late for me to try it out! I will need guidance from you guys.

9. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I think making money from ebooks is possible. If you can write a lot and think of many ideas, then sure there are plenty of ways for you to make ebooks. And all you have to do is focus on the content and promotion. Many authors are getting into this type of work and making far more than the regular job. I know some authors who started from 0 and now earning around 2K a month just from that.

10. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    I think the key factor here is promotion. The more exposure your books get, the better the chances of it getting more sales. You can write a great book but with no great promotion or marketing, no one will know the book even exists. There are a lot of books in my opinion that are not that great but have somehow made it to Amazon's bestseller list. It could be a great marketing strategy or great cover design or even a catchy title.

11. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    Like many said, promotion is the best way to sell a book. The right advertisement will help you get money flowing in your direction. So finding the right resources to advertise as well as promote your book is a most if you really want to get it going. Also a good summary and title of the book help attract as well.

12. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    Sex sells, just look at how 50 shades of Gray made a bored housewife a millionaire despite of her novel being badly written with terrible grammar. Ebooks of the naughty side are easy to sell and easy to write.

13. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    I'm looking forward to writing ebooks in the future and see how I'm going to make money by doing that. I've seen pals that made some fortunes writing ebooks and I agree with you that it is truly a good business for anyone looking to make money from the internet.

14. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Well this is one of those things that I just would actually work out, but of course we all know it takes a lot of work to actually turn a profit. Maybe one of these days that will be the path I follow, though.

15. Athanas

AthanasActive Member

Threads:
    I think making money by selling ebooks is a brilliant idea. However, writers must be careful when writing books since only titles that are on demand will sell more. For instance, books titles such as Making money online, How to prevent diabetes, The greatest NASA dicoveries, among others will sell more.