Low budget airlines

Discussion in Travel started by Konstantina • Apr 27, 2012.

1. Konstantina

KonstantinaActive Member

Threads:
    Hi everyone! I need some help with low budget airlines. I recently used easyjet and apart from the fact that they have groups that board first and second and no seating at all plus some other weird things, I generally had a nice and descent experience. I am now planning to use Ryannair and want to ask you if you have anything to share. The ticket is really cheap so I did a little research and some sites feature the carrier as bate and swap, saying that you only use it once. I do know, though, that it is around for many years. I would appreciate any info. Thanks :)

2. Grumpy

GrumpyActive Member

Threads:
    EasyJet is the cheapest airliner I've ever used. The spaces are usually pretty cramped and you don't get much leg room on the plane, but none of that bothers me... All I'm concerned about is getting from one point to another.

3. chizky

chizkyNew Member

Threads:
    My friends and I usually use Ryanair every time we decided to go outside the country because it's really cheap. Although their planes are not as big as some other airlines but for me it really doesn't matter as long as I arrive in my destination.

4. Brendan

BrendanMember

Threads:
    I am going to go out on a limb and guess that you all don't live in the US? Because, I don't believe I have ever heard of those being flown in the US. The "budget" airlines for the US are usually considered to be AirTran, JetBlue & SouthWest.

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    b
    Agreed. It's been awhile since I've flown. It's such as hassle, but I was thinking that they were international airlines. I love Southwest.

6. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    Well, I flew easy jet many years ago from London to Scotland and I was convinced I was going to die. There was so much turbulence....almost as soon as I boarded the flight...my ears blocked and then I started feeling ill. It happened to my partner too.

We renamed it evil jet and never went near it again. Is there a jet blue there now, one can get pretty good deals on there.

7. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I have traveled with Eva Air before and so far, it wasn't that bad for a cheap airline cost. Asiana airlines has got some great deals as well, you might want to check them out!

8. Konstantina

KonstantinaActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, the trip was to Rome, mentioned in previous post, sorry about that. Your info was also valuable though.
    Thanks everyone for helping out, Chizky I will try it since you guys are fine with it. Thanks again everyone, I ll let you know how this went :)

9. stefano13

stefano13Member

Threads:
    Hi!It is difficult to find the cheapest because prices vary regularly. I am a regular customer of globester,they provide me best offers.Is a great Travel Portal and good search engine that searches best airfare deals.

#9May 12, 2012
    Last edited: May 12, 2012
  10. hnau

hnauNew Member

Threads:
    In my travels in South Asia I've found Sri Lankan Air to be pretty good. Check on their website. I found the tickets directly from them to be much cheaper. This is true for a number of airlines. Use sites like Orbiz, Priceline etc... but don't forget to check the airlines websites. Sometimes they are cheaper.

In India JetLite is usually cheaper. Tiger Airlines from Sri Lanka is also pretty cheap.

11. ValerieAnne

ValerieAnneMember

Threads:
    Thanks for some of these.. sadly being in America, a lot of these don't have flights here. The American services listed here aren't available in my area. I will keep a look out for anything for you all though as well.

12. jerryskc

jerryskcNew Member

Threads:
    There's no doubt Ryannair is cheap but look closely at the airports they use. We have had some success flying to holiday spots that happen to be near the tiny local airports to which they tend to fly. However, if you think that an airport 50 miles from Paris is actually a "Paris airport" then you are in for a shock. So, it pays to research exactly where you will end up and not rely on the city they claim to be flying to. I have also found that the advice you get what you pay for totally applies to Ryannair - it's uncomfortable, customer service isn't great, you pay for every conceivable extra beyond a seat and use of the toilets. Having said all that, if you are flying for pennies, can you really complain?

13. Kaila

KailaNew Member

Threads:
    Budget airlines are essentially buses that fly. There's nothing fancy about them - you have to pay for all your extras like baggage, choosing your seat, and food on board, but hey - my thought is that if you don't have a lot of money to travel, and it's not a long flight (ie. less than 3 hours), then go for it! The savings will be well worth it on short-haul flights, but on long-haul, pay the extra for the comfort, or you'll regret it when you get to hour 6.

14. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    We have Blue Jet in our area for inexpensive flights. Problem is that they charge you left and right for other things. SOme of the charges are crazy, like luggage? Really CHarging extra for luggage? $25 .... I don't mean to bring extra luggage either. I mean just your regular luggage. By the time you are done you may as well have bought a ticket on a real airline like AMerican or United.