Least money you've spent on a vacation?

Discussion in Travel started by Mayvin • Jul 5, 2014.

1. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    As a bargain hunter I like to save money and was just curious to know what's the least amount of money you've spent on an really nice vacation or even a weekend getaway? I had a relative who spent less than $400 dollars on a two week vacation to a resort for three people because they there was a special running and the price normally would have been like $,1500. I thought that was amazing and sounds like they had a good time.

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Probably when I went to LA! I had a discount voucher for a plane ticket, so I ended up paying only $80, and I was 5 days there in a hostel which was super cheap and in the middle of Hollywood Boulevard, so I didn't spend much at all!! And the best thing is, that was probably one of my favorite trips of all time!!

3. richc3

richc3Active Member

Threads:
    Perhaps Vegas, surprisingly. Flight was covered from a previous travel issue that resulted in over a $400 credit travel voucher.
    For hotel, the Mrs. and I played that MyVegas game on Facebook and collected a large amount of points resulting in free tickets and hotel stays.

Then used an assortment of restaurant promos. I think it's resutarant.com or something where you can save a few bucks. Also grabbed a few things off groupon through the Las Vegas section.

4. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I once one and all-expenses-paid trip to South Africa. I was there for two weeks and my accommodation food and even spending money was awarded to me for free. You could say I was lucky because all I had to do was into a raffle draw during a dinner that I went to from work and then from that I was the Windows the grand price. I loved this trip because I really had no major concerns all major worries. For me it was amazing and splendid and I had a great time because I went with my girlfriend and she was probably the best company in the world.

5. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like to go camping with friends, which means we use one car and share fuel costs, which cuts down dramatically on the overall travelling expense. Staying in a camping ground or in a National Park, doesn't cost much either, so I have had great weekend trips for around $250.

6. Billynlex

BillynlexNew Member

Threads:
    My partner and I will be backpacking through Puerto Rico in October and plan on spending less than 1,000 a piece for 11 days. This is pretty incredible when you factor in we're also including the price of the airfare as well. We kind of lucked out and got round trip tickets from Atlanta, GA to San Juan, Puerto Rico for 374.00, but that's beside the point.

I would expect most travelers would spend 1/3 their trip money on transportation, which is quite normal. The rest is for fun in the sun and attractions, amounts of course adjusted for how you want to spend your time.

7. kasi

kasiActive Member

Threads:
    I think you want to save money during the vacation its good thinking because extra expenses is not to permote your tour or vacation that's why i always suggest to every tourist do not cross the budget limit..