Laptop Costing Cheaper In Cash

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Alexandoy • Aug 16, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Our new laptop is an HP costing 30k pesos in the promo that was launched by an online store. But since I don’t want to buy an electronic item online, we contacted the dealer. To make the story short, the laptop was delivered the other day. The cost of 30k pesos was for the credit card but we will pay only 28k pesos if we pay in cash. Wow, isn’t that a nice deal? It’s like getting a discount of more than 5%.

2. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    That is a good deal for you. By paying in cash you also save on the credit card's interest fees if it is not paid off within the month. The company probably saved some fees as well since you didn't use a credit card. I am glad you were able to save some money on your new laptop.

3. NicholasMukuha

NicholasMukuhaActive Member

Threads:
    Wow! Am so happy for you. If there's a place I have lost a lot of money, it's through the transaction charges, I have to pay while sending or withdrawing money with my credit cards. I love one on one cash transactions as they offer a room for bargaining which can really help save a lot.

Talking about laptops, you also have the opportunity to inspect the item on purchase, which can help clear any doubts or bugs.

4. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I may be wrong but I think that all products that are paid in cash are usually cheaper (especially if you know how to bargain prices). Cash always speaks louder. :p

5. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    That's a great deal indeed, as I also believe it is better to buy things especially electronic items on an actual store than to do it online. Aside from the fact that some products delivered at your front door may at times have some defects, usually the price is much higher plus other additional fees.

6. zolzarr

zolzarrMember

Threads:
    Sometimes, we can get the best deal either way. The usual prices I get from online sites are cheaper due to the availability of vouchers and cashback offers. The important thing is to make sure that we are buying from a trusted seller.

7. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes it goes both ways, you may get discounts buying online than cash. I think it depends on the market situation at the time in hand. I am happy for you, it was a good deal. Do enjoy your HP.

8. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Most electronic gadgets are a lot more cheaper when you get them in cash. I was also browsing some laptops a few weeks ago and I stumbled upon a Dell laptop which costs $680 which is available for installment. But if I'm going to get it in cash, the dealer can give it to me for only $580, so that's less a hundred bucks which is really a great deal for me and I can really save a lot. Same thing with other brands, you'll get them cheaper when you pay in cash :)

9. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Maybe this is an option in some countries and with private dealers but generally prices are fixed in countries like the UK and USA. You can get discounts, but paying in cash can be risky if there are problems with the computer and a card payment does give some protection as well as genuine proof of purchase. Personally I refer to pay by card just in case of any issues as card companies can intervene in case of a dispute.

10. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Seems kind of strange these days, but I suppose a deal is a deal. I would just make sure that the original price is not just artificially inflated to make the sale price seem like a deal, which I have seen before.

11. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    Shopping online can be more expensive in some countries because of shipping. In the US online shopping is becoming cheaper but most countries where online shopping is less prominent, Buying in person is the cheaper option. Online shopping can be cheaper if shipping is free and you use discount codes.

12. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    It looks like a good deal. But see if you can get this through some sort of cashback website. Because that seems to be the way for managing the laptops other expenses. Most of the cashback sites help you get some level of money back. And that you can use on the laptop care packages. So it's definitely something good to invest into. I'd surely go for the deal here.

13. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    I've always taken notice of buying products by cash for it always result in getting cash discounts for purchasing such items which is quite interesting. This sort of discount is not limited to buying laptop for some other products can be said to be have such benefits as well.

14. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    This is absolutely true @Barida@Barida making cash purchase is always of more benefits to the business owner/sellers, and this is why they value any customers that buys in cash rather than on credit. This is why most business Enterprises offers cash discounts on any products bought.

I got a new tablet not too long ago, it's a new phone product that just hit the Nigerian market and I was fortunate to get a 10% cash discount on making the purchase.

15. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, that's quite true. For this reason, I make a round of shops before settling on the best deal. Shopping online doesn't always equate to lower prices. The reduced price of 28k (equivalent to $560) may or may not be a steal depending on the model and specs. If it's an HP i3 that doesn't include a graphics card, it may actually be overpriced in the first place.

Another thing, in mall stores or large appliance stores, cash and straight credit card purchases for electronic products are entitled to the same discount rate. That's because large companies have stringent polices about cash handling and need cash to be deposited on the next banking day. On the the other hand, credit card sales are more convenient to handle as these transactions can be automated and handled electronically. Additionally, some credit cards have seasonal promos for appliances and gadgets which offer more savings above those that are already being offered by stores.

16. Soulwatcher

SoulwatcherMember

Threads:
    We are not that lucky in the USA, everything is a fixed price cash or credit. The only way you're going to get the best deal is if you shop around online or wait for a sale. And our two best sale times in the USA are Blak Friday and Cyber Monday. During those two days are mega sales and you can save a lot of money. And I know a few people who never buy anything during the year and wait for Black Friday and Cyber Monday to get what they need because the deals are so good.

17. Athanas

AthanasActive Member

Threads:
    If thorough research id well done, there are very hot laptop deals. Many people purchase laptops and other gadgets without asking anyone where cheaper ones can be found. Mine I bought it very cheap through a friend.

18. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    There is a great difference in buying items on cash and on credit. What I mean here on credit is paying it in an installment basis. Last year, we canvased for a LED TV, the 40" TV. Its price is Php17,499.00 (349.00 USD) in cash. But when it is taken by credit, it is Php21,000 something. Just imagine the big saving in cash buying. We try to buy items in cash to avail of the big discount.

19. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Well that is always the case in buying brand new appliances, it is always cheaper when bought with cash. That's why credit cards never appealed to me, because you still have to pay for the interest when you use your credit card, and that money can definitely be used and saved for something else.

20. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    Generally speaking, when I pay in cash or buy from the local store, I pay less for electronic ietm. A couple of months ago, I bought a new laptop from a store by paying cash. If I had paid through credit cards, it would have cost me $10 more and it I had bought online, I would be paying $20 more.