Keeping Insurance Companies On Their Feet

Discussion in Auto Insurance started by tasha • Apr 5, 2016.

1. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    if you have car insurance then you do know that another company will better your rates if you let them know what you are paying and they will beat the price every time. I have done this with my insurance company and they did lower the price I was paying so that I would not move to another company. Keep them on their toes and let them work for you!

2. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    This is a good idea since the laws of demand and supply apply in insurance. But there are situations where the insurance company involved provides an excellent and dependable service and product lines. Leaving them for another company with a lower premium might come at a cost since you may not find the same assurances elsewhere at that price and may translate into pyrrhic victory.

3. Lisa Davis

Lisa DavisActive Member

Threads:
    This isn't always true. I have USAA for my auto insurance policy. They are the insurance company that provides insurance to the military, former military, and their families. If you have any military ties, current or former, I strongly encourage you to seek them out for a quote. Now, when other insurance companies call me to see if they can get me a lower rate and I tell them I have USAA, they usually don't even proceed with the quote because they KNOW they can't beat their price. Literally, when I first switched, my car insurance rate was cut almost in HALF and I got BETTER coverage than I previously had.

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, Tasha that is a pretty good strategy as most providers of services, if they can't beat somebody else's price will at least try to match it. They want to show they will play ball, and give you a good price too, and want to earn your business. Sometimes they can't or won't match prices, but if you want to be saved from the trouble of swtiching carriers, it can be a good way to save.

5. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you get insurance you have to be honest at all times. By honest, I mean you have to disclose everything about you - your income level, how much you can afford, the amount of debt you still haven't paid and so on. Agents would try to bite off your hand by giving you offers you can't even afford. So it's best to lay down everything from the outset. You set the tone. Don't let agents or the insurance provider dictate your preferences. You ought to know them before buying insurance.

6. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Our auto insurance is connected to my credit card which is an affiliate of the company where I work for. Rest assured that I am getting the best bargain. But think again.

Last year, there was this package offered by another insurance company which is connected to my other credit card. We have 2 cars and the bundle is 20% cheaper against my present auto insurance. What I did was to show it to my insurer via email. It did not take long for the reply in saying that the competition is having a promo campaign to boost their sales. And if it is okay with me, they would give me the same package, special for only me. Not bad eh?