Just how do you identify the best insurance cover for the elderly

Discussion in Auto Insurance started by Jatelo2 • Mar 12, 2014.

1. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    This is a question that is pertinent to me. Most insurance covers appear very convincing only to find out later that you never understood some aspects of the policy.

Now how does one read the fine print of a cover. Or should I ask the features of an excellent cover for the elderly? I've been asked for an opinion on the same and would love to hear from the professionals.

Thanks for your your help.

2. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Usually, when you speak with your insurance agent, they are going to ask your age and birthdate; so they will actually already know when someone needs a policy that is specific for senior drivers.
    Usually, the rates for auto insurance go more by your driving record than they do from your age, and the coverage should be pretty much the same for any specific policy, regardless of the driver's age.

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When you say what is a good policy for the elderly you would have to give more information to get a good answer, what are you looking for health insurance, final expense insurance, medicare gap insurance. I would be happy to answer any questions if I had a better idea of what you are looking for.

4. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wondered the same thing.
    Since the question was placed under the automotive insurance, i decided that it was meant to be asking about car insurance. However, that doesn't directly affect the elderly, it goes more about what your driving record is than your age,except maybe for a teenage driver.
    I think that perhapes the question was for health insurance, more like a Medicare type of coverage. There are some answers there that might be more of what this poster was looking for, and it just got put in the wrong thread.