Is your PayPal account verified?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by addicted_buyer • May 28, 2012.

1. Binu

BinuActive Member

Threads:
    My paypal account is not verified. paypal does not support my home country. We can open a paypal account here, but paypal does not accept cards/bank account from my home country. Because of my unverified status, I am unable to use various service online.

2. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    I do have a verified account attached to a Prepaid Visa card. I need this verified for one of my work at home jobs or else I won't get my commissions.

3. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Yes my PayPal account is verified, it wasn't at the very time I opened the account that it got verified. It got verified later after adding the necessary information. I think I am pretty cool making purchases through PayPal as I wont have to display any bank info.

4. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have a verified PayPal account and I completed it as soon as I joined PayPal. I used my bank account number to get my account verified. They sent a small amount to my bank account and then I had to enter it back correctly in the space provided. It was very easy to follow. I haven’t linked my credit/debit cards yet to my PayPal.

In India we are not allowed to use PayPal balance for shopping and whatever is there in the account will be transferred to respective bank account within 24 hours. So it is a must to link our credit or debit card to PayPal if we want to shop using PayPal. I use my debit card for online shopping. I am planning to link my cards to PayPal because I think it is safer than directly giving our card details online.

5. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    What I don't quite understand with PayPal is the situation where they would request customers who are outside of the US to add a US bank account instead of their local bank. I don't know how PayPal expect that to be possible.

6. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I have a verified paypal account. Many sites ask to have the paypal account verified in order to received the money. Hence I got it verified. It is actually very easy. You just need to give your details and they send some amount to your account which you need to verify in the site. And its done.

7. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't verified my Paypal just yet but I'm planning to the next day because I really have to. It's been awhile since I've created my Paypal account but haven't actually used it that's why I didn't bother verifying it. However, now that I'm using it in receiving payments online, I certainly believe it's time to verify it

8. dfarmer2001

dfarmer2001New Member

Threads:
    My PayPal account is verified. When I first created an account with PayPal I was a little skeptical about putting my my bank information. However, I am glad I made the decision to create a PayPal account and get it verified. PayPal has protected all my information and has excellent customer service if something happens or I have a concern. If someone doesn't currently have a PayPal account and is interested in getting one, I highly recommend it!

9. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    No my Paypal is not yet verified as I don't own a bank account. So far the limits are very stressful at times, especially when I'm not able to recieve payments. Meanwhile, I do my shopping online and it is going pretty good but off course I can't wait to be able to withdraw.

10. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    My paypal account is unverified because paypal is not fully functional in my country. Paypal does not accept local cards or banks to verify paypal opened from my country. That's why my paypal is unverified. However, I can send and receive money from my paypal account.

11. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    It is a basic requirement by PayPal especially upon opening your account with them. Before I had bank account linked to my PayPal account and later I also link my debit card for my online transaction. It pays a better convenience as far as online business transaction is concerned. I never have regretted that I have a PayPal account which I have maintained it for 5 years already now.

12. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, my account is verified and active. It wasn't a difficult process spon after registration.

I however, am not aware of any transaction limits. PayPal in my country do not allow storage of cash in its wallet.

13. Kaushik Angara

Kaushik AngaraActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have verified my PayPal. It was a very easy process. There is no harm in verifying your account. Paypal is operating in 140+ countries and it is a very trusted resource for money transfer. Add your bank details and confirm your account. If you are bothered about the safety, do not link your credit and debit cards. Just add the bank account, rest assured the process is simple.

14. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have got my PayPal verified. I remember it took me some time to consider this, and finally I linked it to my credit card, so it is easier for me to make payment online and I think PayPal is trusted. I can choose to PayPal payment even shopping in the local sites, even though it's charging my credit card, not paypal cash, I do not need to enter the credit card information.

15. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Yes. I'd rather use a verified account because I use it to receive money and make payments. With an unchecked account my moves would be very restricted (and for me, this isn't interesting at all).

I totally rely on the Paypal services (I think their support team is very good) and so far they have never failed me. Excellent job! ;)

16. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I have verified my paypal account. And it seems to be working fine so far. We are asked to verify and connect with bank. And also were asked to input identity details. And once that is done the account verification mail was sent after few days. So that is something indeed good enough. I'd say it's not that bad. I don't know how many people choose to verify these days.