Is there really a need for 4G Network?

Discussion in Landline & Mobile Phone Networks started by Jatelo2 • Sep 14, 2012.

1. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    Considering that the 3G Network isn't universally used and that it is still considered by some networks for adoption, why should there be a 4G network? Or is it just an improve 3G infrastructure? I just don't see the need of 4G when the resources of 3G Network hasn't been tapped fully by many Cellular Companies. What is your Take on this?

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that that they just want to attract more subscribers who will fall prey to the thought that having 4G technology means better and faster services. Here in my country 4G is also being promoted even if 3G did not really become mainstream.

3. lyeileen

lyeileenNew Member

Threads:
    I don't disinterest 4G at all.

4. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really don't spare the 4G network much thought. I guess I will be when my current network becomes outdated and I have no other choice but to go with the flow. Until then, I will continue with what I am using now and not worry about anything that will probably be inevitable at some stage in the future.

5. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I believe 4G is much dependable on infrastructure of carriers that otherwise are offering very poor quality 3G connectivity.

I remember to have 3G a while back running like hell fast, Later switched to a regular broadband connection but, in the need of 3G while on the go, I got a 3G USB modem and the connectivity was really poor this time.

Shortly after, 4G was announced here, but nothing new seems to be associated with this offer but probably and enhancement to the downgraded 3G infrastructure.

6. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    4g is great for web workers operating in major cities.

7. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you think 4G wireless service is unnecessary, then you know nothing about wireless service. 4G signals can carry both voice and data with better call quality and better range. You can take advantage of VoLTE services, and then the speeds are more accommodating to HD video streaming and music streaming, among other tasks. 4G networks come with countless benefits over 3G, at least when it comes to true LTE networks. AT&T and Verizon users notice the difference between 4G and 3G the most, while Sprint and T-Mobile are lacking in 4G, regardless of their coverage maps.