Is There An Indirect Payment Method Than Through Paypal?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by luckycharm • Feb 3, 2017.

1. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    I think when we use credit or debit cards online there are many security concerns like landing your sensitive information in wrong hands. But if we link our credit/debit card details to our Paypal account we can shop online using our PayPal account and we don't have to share our card details time and again. So this is somewhat more secure I guess.

But if I don't want to link my card details with PayPal is there any other indirect payment method than PayPal? I am also not able to directly use the fund in PayPal due to PayPal policies in our country.

2. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Not that I know of. I've thought about this the first time when I need it for my online transaction. There are websites wherein they will ask you your credit card details to complete the transaction or payment process. However, I find that more risky as I don't want to give my financial details to some websites, even if they say it's safe.

Yes I agree that PayPal is more secure since you will be only giving your credit card details to them one time. So I'm only using PayPal for my online transactions as it's much safer :)

3. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I also do take great precaution when I am being prompted to make payment for items online using my credit or debit card. I'd only use my card on sites I have trust, of good reputation and very popular. That said, using a PayPal account with bank card attached somehow looks as if one is indirectly still giving out bank details on any site you use your paypal for payment

4. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    You can purchase gift cards like Amazon, and use them for online transactions. In that way, you do not need to disclose your confidential information.
    However, digital footprints are almost indelible. Hackers can pick the clue even from a scratch.
    Nonetheless, I'm always careful while making online transactions. And hopefully I guess, someone will not waste his time to retrieve my digital data to gain a petty amount at the end. ;)

5. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Payment service providers are as follows as to their location: global - Atos, ecoPayz, PayPal. They process payment all over the world. However, PayPal has announced that there would be a change on its country coverage and it would take effect, I think, on March 29, 2017. If you are a PayPal user, you will be receiving an update of their policy.

For your indirect way of paying goods, services online, you have to used a regular mail or postal mail by using postal money order. Or you may request your friend to pay for you and in return you repay him. I think that's the only way I could suggest so far.

6. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I generally deposit a fixed amount in my online wallet of a particular site and disconnect card from that site. That way I stand no risk of online fraud when making a payment. By the way I have never paid through Paypal for any online transaction so far.