Is swimming good for toning you core?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by 003 • May 6, 2014.

1. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not doing anything at all other than swimming and running. I have been running for like 4 years and didn't notice any significant development on my core. Three months ago I went back to swimming and just this recent I saw some development on my cores. They are on their way in getting into shapes.

My cousin who is a swimmer told me the when she was training, every after it her core really aches and stiffens. so I am guessing that it's the swimming responsible for the shapes on my core.

2. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    I also get aches in my core after I swim for long periods. I am not a "swimmer" but I do swim at my pool in the summers. I usually see my core start to tighten around the season that allow me to go swimming. It seems as thought this type of exercise would allow you to tone you mid sections because that is an area that you are working when you are in the water.

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Swimming is amazing for your core! As you noticed, you can feel afterward all of those muscles having been worked out.

The best part for me personally is that it doesn't really feel like a workout at the time. Sure, I might run out of breath or notice that I've been doing it for a while, but I can last a lot longer in the water than I can during activities like running.

4. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I think swimming is probably the best form of you exercise you can do and it's really fun. I've never had that much time swimming now but when I was still living near the beach I would always go for a quick swim everyday, I consider it as my workout and it did great things to my body, even increased my height a few inches. Because of the tension of the water, you have to really work against yourself to be able to move which in turn burns a lot of calories and tones your muscles until you're chiseled out of wood.

5. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Absolutely! Swimming is known for toning and strengthening your core. Swimming is actually known as one of the most complete workouts you can have. It works your whole body and gives you great physical strength and power. No wonder swimmers look so strong! I would love to like to swim. And its not that I hate to swim, I just feel really uncomfortable wearing a bathing suit while exercising, not to mention you get really wet and needs to change at the gym, while I prefer to just go home take a shower and change at he comfort of my home.