Indian Railways Travel Insurance

Discussion in Travel Insurance started by Kaushik Angara • Dec 7, 2016.

1. Kaushik Angara

Kaushik AngaraActive Member

Threads:
    Hey guys, recently I came to know about the death of 150+ people in the Kanpur train derailment accident. As sources say, only 10 out of the 150+ were eligible to claim travel insurance provided by IRCTC. Only 30 people had opted for the insurance when booking their tickets out of which 10 satisfied the norms mentioned in the insurance particulars.

It is my request to opt for the insurance provided by our government. It just costs 92 paise per head and it provides up to 1 million rupees for deaths via accidents. I always opt for the insurance coverage and I urge all fellow citizens to do the same. You never know when it might come into action. We spend 1000s of rupees on travel tickets and we become negligent when it comes to petty things such as opting for travel insurance. Hope you all have a safe travel.

2. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    @Kaushik Angara@Kaushik Angara Very useful an information what you've shared.
    However, it is the ignorance towards the policy that people do not make a travel insurance. I, myself, came to know it for the first time.Only knew that air tickets cover the life risk factor where the premium is included in the fair itself. For other means of transportation could it be done while buying the tickets?

#2Dec 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2016
  3. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    @Kaushik Angara@Kaushik Angara awesome point shared. Noted. I wasn't even aware of such a service that existed. We should definitely take it seriously and go for it.

#3Dec 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2016
  4. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    Indian railways is the largest train network in the world. I have traveled in Indian train many times. My longest journey was from Gorakhpur to Manglore. It took three days. I was aware about the fact that if you have legitimate ticket and accidents occur on the train journey, you can claim insurance.

5. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree with the OP, the Indians have the option to get an insurance plan for $15000 for as less as INR 0.92 which is equal to $0.013 only but most of the travelers forget to check the option while booking through IRCTC. The result they have to rely upon the compensation offered by Railway and state government but very few get due to different reasons.