Idm - Internet File Downloader

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by Nakitakona • Apr 23, 2017.

1. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I understand there are lots of free file downloader in the Internet. But they are not reliable. They may either carry a virus, irritating ads since the are free to download. So I have tried some free trial downloader. After using them I am not satisfied.

In my search to find a good downloader, I came across with the Internet Download Manager (IDM). It works ver efficiient. It has a resume facility in case the file doesn't download completely.

Anyone here who has used IDM, how's its performance for I want to purchase a licensed one?

2. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I used it for a while, but since it's a paid software, I stopped using it after my trial period has expired. I just use Flashget, it's better than IDM since it's free and it can download torrent files as well. You can just search for reviews on the paid version of IDM on the net, I'm sure you will find one that can make you either buy it or not.

3. arachnophobik

arachnophobikMember

Threads:
    I personally use Free Download Manager instead. I've used IDM for quite a while before until my trial was done and after that it did something to my PC which I didn't like. I can't exactly remember what it was, I think it tried to prevent me from connecting to the internet, I can't really remember; but once I uninstalled it fully with revo uninstaller and ccleaner, the problem was fixed.

4. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    After torrent I have stopped worrying about the internet file downloader. I do have one for the chrome though. But most of my big file downloads are through torrents. And that way I don't have to worry about resume and pause options. I think if IDM without ads come out for free then I'd surely buy it. I have so far have no issues with the current IDM version though. It works fine for me.

5. bomb2060

bomb2060Member

Threads:
    IDM is the best. Go ahead and purchase the license. Or if you don't want to pay full.....download it from torrent. I have used IDM for years now. It will not disappoint. It works perfectly with multiple downloads.
    Another good thing about IDM is that it can identify videos on youtube and give you a download link for it.

6. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    Currently I am using Free Download Manager which works perfect in my system. It can also resume broken downloads and the best part is that it’s totally a freeware. We can use it as extension to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.

I am not keen to pay for a download manager so I haven’t used IDM yet. But as OP has rightly mentioned most of those download managers have hidden viruses or spy programs which can infect our system. So we need to be cautions before installing them. I heard that some of them use hidden key loggers to spy on our activities on computer. Then they can easily steal our usernames and passwords of important accounts like bank accounts.