How To Get Your Ebook Out There

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by NinetyEighty1 • Jul 15, 2017.

1. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    Do any of you have any good tips on a way to get your ebook a bit more publicity? I'm currently a beginning author and published my first e-book on Amazon a month ago. I was curious to know if anyone has any tips or advice to get your e-book more attention to help put a bit more money in your pockets?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Often it's best to have a campaign before you publish. You should try to offer it free for a while, and then if you don't have your own blog or site, then set one up. I take it you have an author page, so use that to try and promote the links, and maybe ask others to review it and to post a review?

3. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I have not publish any ebooks or launch any products before, but I have read some good articles from Michael Hyatt about this. Perhaps you can check out his blog for any inspirations, or this is one I have just found might be helpful to you:

He mentioned ways to promote and launch the ebook.

Good luck!

4. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    @kaka135@kaka135: Thanks for the link :) I will have a look at this article. There are so many tools available online that helps as a guide to how to successfully publish on Amazon. Sometimes it is just too much information. I think the most important is to craft the story or book first, focus on getting this down, then move to the next stage of publishing and marketing.

5. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I am planning to publish on Amazon but still have some portions to complete. Thanks @kaka135@kaka135 for the link, I will check it out before publishing. I read that promoting the ebook is one of the toughest jobs for the writers. Good luck to everyone. :)

6. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I am very curious to know the rudiments of publishing articles in the format of ebook. I am also in the process of finding such assistance to where I could avail of. To encourage myself on reading ebooks, I have subscribed to GoodReads but sad to say, not all ebooks are free to read. They are being advertised and promoted with a good review but you have to buy them via amazon. Someday I could publish my own articles too. Hoping so.

7. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    @tallulah@tallulah Yes, I agree with you. There are just too much information out there, and sometimes we are overloaded with vast information too. Those authors who self publish their ebooks seem to have to work harder, as they don't only work on the book itself, but also need to work on publishing and marketing too. It's like becoming a freelancer or business owner too.

8. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I think getting few initial reviews can be a good idea in this case. I have seen people making the best out of the reviews. You may also have to promote the book through free promo. I have initial set the price for 99c. And that also helped increase the users. So it all comes down to what you can do to reach more people. I suggest starting with low price and then increasing as you get more sales.

9. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    Publishing on Amazon is a great idea for any author. Thanks to the internet, new writers don't have to rely on traditional publishers accepting them. Writers can publish for themselves nowadays. Traditional publishers are also known to be checking through Amazon to find new and upcoming authors.

When you have enough books to put on for sale, make yourself a website as well. Also, make a new Facebook/Twitter account and use it for plugging your books. Join other authors pages and reading pages too and keep in touch. Get yourself known and tell people about what you have written.