How To Buy In Foreign Currency From Online Stores.

Discussion in Shipping Services started by akshaychouhan785 • Oct 13, 2017.

1. akshaychouhan785

akshaychouhan785Member

Threads:
    Okay! This maybe a stupid question but I am facing this situation for the first time and got stuck here. Currently I was looking to buy an HPI Racing car from Amazon and found a really nice one which is prized 374$. Now the problem is that Its available for USD. I would have bought it if I had this much amount in my Paypal account but for now I can only afford to pay in Rs. So is there any other way I can buy my stuff?

2. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    Honestly, I'm not really sure if it's possible, and that maybe probably because here in Nigeria, we don't have PayPal services working in conjunction with our banks for one reason or another which I'm not sure.

Maybe you should Google it or likely contact PayPal support. I believe that they are the best people to offer you the best steps or solutions to follow if there is any to your transaction plans.

Good luck.
    Heatman

3. akshaychouhan785

akshaychouhan785Member

Threads:
    Thanks Heatman for a2a, I was able to buy my stuff in local currency via Amazon Currency Convertor. I enabled this option by updating "1-click settings" under "Manage addresses and 1-click settings" tab and when I added the product to shopping cart I was able to view the product price in my local currency.

4. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    You are highly welcome, I'm truly glad that you later were successful in getting it done using Amazon Currency Convertor. They say that knowledge is power and this is proper evidence of it.

I definitely believe that as such in the future both you and myself would be able to give anyone that gets in such situations a first hand information on how to go about it.

5. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    Why don't you look for this product through Amazon.in. If you use Amazon.in you cna buy goods from Amazon in indian rupees. Amazon does not allow you to mpay through paypal. You have to use a gift card or credit/debit car to make purchase on Amazon.

6. akshaychouhan785

akshaychouhan785Member

Threads:
    Thanks man! What you said is definitely true as I have also experienced the same. Getting to know something new always pays back. I would be glad to share with you again :)

Thanks for the suggestion luri! The product that I wanted to purchase was available in USD only but I was able to make the purchase using Amazon's currency converting facility. But as you told me, next time I'll keep in mind that I search amazon.in directly to view products available in native currency. Thank you!

#6Oct 17, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2017