How Safe Is Paypal?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by maryannballeras • Jun 2, 2016.

1. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hear about people having their accounts frozen all of the time. so that is sort of a fear of mine, since some of the reasons for people unjustly having their accounts frozen were... unjust. Customer service as far as the Paypal forums go, is terrible. It's unorganized and messy. Your best bet is to phone them.

2. ThesePretzels

ThesePretzelsMember

Threads:
    As a buyer your money is very safe, Paypal really protects buyers. The information is just as prone to cyber attack as any other big internet brand give or take, but as a seller is where you really need to be careful, if someone opens a dispute it can be challenging to prove you sent an item even if you take pictures throughout the selling process.

From a buyers perspective though Paypal is certainly one of, if not the premier choice.

3. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    I have never once had an issue with Paypal. I have used it for over 5 years and I still trust them! Plus, recently Paypal has been working and making updates to make it even safer and more convenient. Not to mention, they don't like frauds and scammers.

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have never had a problem with Paypal either and have used it for years. The only issue I had, and I don't blame Paypal for this, is when someone got a hold of my number somehow and used it for fraudulent purchases. As soon as I reported it to Paypal, however, they took care of it, just like would happen with a credit card. Nothing is foolproof, but I think Paypal takes every precaution to make sure your funds stay safe.

5. gats

gatsNew Member

Threads:
    It is very easy to chargeback on Paypal so be very careful if you use Paypal to sell digital goods online.

Other than that, I have used Paypal to receive my payments as an online as an online freelancer and I have not had any problems in the past several years. I also occasionally buy and sell on Ebay using my paypal account.

6. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    paypal is very safe. Recently,I purchased two items on ebay. When the seller did not respond for two days even though I had already paid, I wrote to ebay and they asked me t file a dispute. Just in two days I was refunded 100 percent on my paypal. When I am not satisfied with my purchase, I file a dispute and in most cases, I have been refunded full.THus I trust paypal very much,

7. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I have so far found Paypal to be safe since they have layers of encryption. I recently sent some money through Paypal and there was a provision for cancelling the transaction even after you have paid the money. However, the account holder has a role to play to safeguard your account just like in other websites by making sure you have long passwords which you should tweak now and then if your account handles substantial sums of cash in transactions.

8. DiscountDreams

DiscountDreamsActive Member

Threads:
    I have yet to have any problems with paypal, but I don't deal with large amounts through my paypal anyways. It is all minimal and always certified by a safe vendor, so I have no issues generally speaking.

9. bipin

bipinNew Member

Threads:
    Paypal is safe even better than many other online options such as debit card, credit card or online banking. It is avaliable almost in every country and you can transfer the money to anyone having active Paypal account.

10. v_lady_g

v_lady_gNew Member

Threads:
    I've been using PayPal to receive payments from my employer. The only thing that I get bummed about is that PayPal holds your fund without any specific reason. Fund would be on pending status and it takes 24 hours for the hold to be lifted. This sometimes disrupts my schedule for transferring money to my bank account. Other than that, no other major issues. I also use it for most of my online purchases.

11. AlexZ

AlexZMember

Threads:
    The best way to be safe with ANY company who handles your money is to have a protection scheme which refunds users in cases of anyone compromising their account and defrauding them.
    Such schemes are provided typically by banks, card issuers like Visa and MasterCard, or payment companies like PayPal. They also justify the transaction fees that one pays to all these money handling companies.
    It is strongly advisable and to the best interest of everyone who transacts money with any institution or company, online or offline, in any country, to inform themselves about what protection schemes are in place in each if them and what compensation they offer for cases of fraud, and not simply "trust" whatever each one might say about safety

12. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I have been using my PayPal account to receive payment for my online writing job. I use also PayPal in my paying my domain name of my blog site for renewal. PayPal so far is the money process I have trusted and is safe since I used it in 2011 until now.

13. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I've heard all sorts of rumors about Paypal account being frozen. However, since most online sites use Paypal for payment, most online workers don't have much choice but to subscribe to paypal. In my case, I have to open a local account to be able to verify my paypal account and withdraw my earnings because I didn't want to use my credit card for that purpose. I've never had problems with Paypal at all for all the 5 years that I've used my account.

14. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I have been using PayPal to receive pay from the online sites I work with, I have also use PayPal to make payment online. It has been quite safe using it for both payment and receiving money online. You have to be mindful of the sites you visit to shop online anyway. Me I have only been using it to buy airtime for my Skype.

15. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I think in terms of the cashback and the charge-back. Both being serious money transaction. I find the paypal payment processing to be lot better in terms of the transaction. And I can tell you that paypal is lot safer on that point. I'd say paypal is one of the good and safe payment processor on that point.

16. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I don't think anything is ever 100% safe but I trust paypal over all other payment processors. I had to contact them when I got a scam email supposedly from them and they dealt with it very efficiently and told me exactly what I should do. I think it's as safe, if not safer, than the rest.

17. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I am using PayPal for the last eight years now, and I have used it for receiving, buying, and withdraw money from my account and I never had any security problem with them, I think that PayPal is one of the most secure payment processors from the Internet.

18. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Yes no system can be said to be perfectly safe when it comes to transactions. I think the fact that making transaction through PayPal not too many of our information is released make me trust it as one safest means out there. Again sure PayPal would have done checks on websites before they support or deal business on it

19. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    PayPal is an internet payment system that I have used for a very long time. I have never had any problems with them and they are there at the other end of a telephone when I have chosen to speak with them. I find them reliable and think that they are very safe to use.

20. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I have never found any payment gateway as secure as paypal. The best part of paypal is you can dispute a transaction until six months. If you are right, you will receive full refund. This has happened to me many times. When you dispute, paypal replies promptly. I have used payza. Payza also has dispute option, it gives 45 days to dispute the transaction. However, the support will take months.