How Safe Are Paypal Accounts?

Discussion in Bank Accounts started by Rossy • Aug 2, 2017.

1. Rossy

RossyMember

Threads:
    Having registered a Paypal account recently, I have been a little on the skeptical side. My worry is that the money is somehow on the email. Well, our email accounts are hacked almost every now and then. Does that make PayPal as easy to hack? What do you think about PayPal safety?

2. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I think money transaction services like Paypal will have utmost security features preventing hackers from accessing our accounts. I have been using Paypal for like four years now and it is one of the most trusted sites for online transactions. :)

3. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    Paypal is the leading digital payment platform so i have no doubt in my mind that they have the latest security features that can prevent hackers.

4. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I have been a member of PayPal for a very long time and have never encountered a problem with them. I feel that my money is just as secure there as in a regular bank. They are the top online payment processor and trust them entirely. But with that being said, nothing is a 100% percent guaranteed since banks get hacked into all the time. I have never had any issue with PayPal and will continue using them.

5. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    I also use Paypal for my online transactions and it's been serving me well. I haven't had any issues with it aside from the payments being stuck for a week after some clients have already paid me in my Paypal account. I think I have read something about Paypal being hacked years ago but I'm not quite sure. I also have a lot of friends using their service and I haven't heard them complain about losing money or being hacked so I guess their security is too tight to get hacked.

6. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I've been using PayPal for almost 2 years now, mainly for work and online shopping and I can say that I'm satisfied with it and feel secure than inputting card details on different websites. Although there are times that they will hold a fund being transferred to your account for security purposes, to which I understand, but sometimes it's a bit inconvenient for me if I really need those funds right away. And I believe they recently increase their transaction fees.

7. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I trust Paypal because it's been a reliable partner on all of my online earning transactions. However, I don't trust Paypal enough to turn it into a saving medium and I don't let money accumulate on my Paypal account. The most I can do to protect my Paypal account is to use a long and unique password that I'll never use on another site.

#7Aug 4, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  8. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have also had PayPal for a lot of years, and it has always been secure. The only way that I can see that it might not be secure is if someone falls for one of those scammer emails that tells you that you account has been compromised, and then says that you need to reset your password. When you reset the password, the the scammer has the information that they need to get into your account.
    I have had these come in my email that were supposedly from my Amazon account. When you look at the actual email (by clicking on it) you can see that it does not come directly from the company, it is just an email that sounds like it came from that company.
    As long as you never give out your personal information, then paypal should be a very safe place for your money.

9. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    As much as I want to believe that they are safe and have had little to no issues with them, I cannot help but be skeptical of everything these days. It seems like all it takes is one ill-driven person to cause a disaster.

10. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    Paypal has been limiting and terminating accounts regularly over the past few months, so it's better to follow their rules.

11. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    For me when I first went on paypal, I was a bit nervous and skeptical at first. However, I faced no great problems using it, it made online transactions a lot more easier. Though, anything can happen on the internet. I would suggest getting a good anti virus to protect yourself and your account, just in case.

12. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I too have been using paypal and was skeptical in the beginning. But now I use it all the time. I get payments all the time from different sources. It's easy to use like a debit card too. Sign up for their free debit mastercard. I too haven't encountered any problems. Paypal is free, is fast and is easy to use especially with their debit mastercard!

13. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I have the same password in the last 12 years and I am still not hacked. I avoid buying from stores with no Paypal option because Paypal is safer than making an online purchase directly with your card.

14. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    The username for your paypal account is your email ID. Unless you are using the same password (the password of your email account), your paypal account is safe. You need a strong password and you also need to change your password frequently. You should also take care of not logging into your account from public computer. I have been using paypal since many years and I never have had any issues.

15. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I think it is extremely safe. To be honest, one of the safest in the world. I've been a user for many years and never had a single problem. :)

16. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just received a scammer email about my paypal account, and I wanted to share it in case anyone else here gets the same email. Basically, the email looked like it came from PayPal;; but when I clicked on the sender email, it showed something completely different. The message said that my account had processed a "suspicious payment" so they were closing down my account until I contacted them and updated all of my information. The message was not very good English, and not worded professionally, like you would expect something from actual PayPal to look like, which is another clue that this is a scam.
    Hopefully, these scammers will be stopped and prosecuted; but in the meantime, be sure not to respond to this kind of an email.

17. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    I think Paypal is one of the best, safe and reliable websites dealing with money out there on the web. I have been using Paypal for almost 9 years now and I am very happy and satisfied with it. What you have stated is indeed true regarding email id which is what links us to our Paypal accounts. But I think Paypal has its security measures and near-perfect verification systems in place for the event where are emails might be hacked and the information is compromised. But I would suggest that changing both your email and Paypal passwords regularly and using a bit complicated passwords for both would doubly secure your information.

18. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    They are on international level and running their business since long. So I think they are good enough to handle these kind of things. Though no body can give you 100% assurance. I am using paypal since many years and so far I face no problem with them. So I guess they are doing fine.

19. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    Paypal subscriptions and paypal payments are very well protected. You can get refund if the seller tries to get you. And for this reason I'd say it's reasonable to make sure that you sign up through paypal for some services where there is recurring billing. You get lot better support on that front. I personally think that paypal accounts are a bit harsh on sellers. But yes consumers require some level of protection so this is necessary.

20. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    That means it is good for customers who are using it for purchasing. In our country recently they have make many good changes and increase their services for shopping payments. It wasn't much in past, but I guess it will improve in future. I will try to know more about it. Thanks for the info.