How Much Money Do You Put Aside In A Month

Discussion in Personal Finance started by NinetyEighty1 • Oct 20, 2017.

1. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    During my Math class, my teacher took a moment to explain a bit of finance during his lessons. He stated that ideally it would be wise to put away a couple of hundred of dollars a week within the bank and wait until it builds up. I think he gave some pretty good advice, putting away a bit weekly and saving it for retirement. How much money do you all put away within a month or plan to in the future?

2. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    Currently, I don't have a specific amount I put away in a month. Since I always end up using part of the savings. I can estimate putting away $10 in a month but it won't last. I know I will be able to have a specific amount for saving every month after I get a real life job. The online earnings I get is not consistent but I still save. :D

3. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    That advice was very good, but you must have a bog salary to have the chance to put away few hundred dollars, maybe you will laugh but I can't put a dime away because my whole salary is 500 dollars and bills cost me over 300 dollars, so, as you can imagine is very hard to live with almost 200 dollars in a month!

4. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I have never been able to put side a fix amount on my saving account. After I get salary, I repay my loan installments, buy supplies and pay credits. What ever I have left on my hands at the end of the month goes to my bank account. I have tried to put aside fixed amount, however, it was really difficult to manage my life when I save before I pay my bills and buy supplies.

5. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    Sorry to here your situation. I unfortunately don't have a job and have to rely a little on family to help me out. Though, there are effective ways to save a bit of money and be able to get by with $200.00. I suggest try couponing and find online jobs to earn a bit of money. I managed to earn a little pocket money from my online jobs.