How Many Newspapers Do You Get Each Week?

Discussion in Coupons started by Deeishere • Jun 30, 2016.

1. Deeishere

DeeishereActive Member

Threads:
    For me, it depends on what coupons inserts will be in it. If it’s P&G coupons, I will get 5-8 papers.
    P&G usually have high-valued coupons on their personal items. One week the had $2 coupons on Tide and the $3on razors.
    There was a good deal on Tide that week. I purchased 4 Tide @ 5.94 each. The total was $23.76. I used 4 of the $2 off coupons. My total after coupons was $15.76. I had $15 in Extra Care Bucks which brought my total down to .76 cents for 4 Tide.

2. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on what newspapers are available here with coupons in them. It isnt like I buy them often unless I know there's something in it that'll save me more money than the cost of the paper but that being said, I also pick up a load of free ones. I pick up the free supermarket magazines I see too because they also have coupons in them so I can cut down the cost of my weekly shop without needing to pay out anything to get the paper.

3. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    Well, since I get zero newspapers each week I really not interested in bargains and offers pertaining to this kind of business. I used to buy
    a weekly sunday distribution only newspaper which was a bit more expensive
    than other regular weekly distibution. But this franchise included a 50 page
    full colored magazine and 5 page comic strips.

4. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    There was a time when I had subscribed to daily newspaper and a monthly magazine. I also used to by couple of newspaper and magazines occasionally. However, that this moment I am not subscribed to any print newspaper and magazines. I don';t buy newspaper or magazine. I am subscribed to digital version of newspapers and and magazines though. Currently, I prefer to read news through news apps on my hand held device.

5. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    Well it is a sad reality that this question is probably something that most people would laugh at these days, but that is just how it is and times are changing. In the prime of newspapers I only subscribed to one and it was the local one here, but I did read other ones when they were available in other places. I have since cancelled the subscription, though, and I just go online for my news, and I know I am not alone there.

6. ziska

ziskaMember

Threads:
    See I don't get it. The papers here that have coupons in them cost 2.00 each paper...so I would have to spend 10 dollars to get 5 coupons. Then at the store, no store in this state doubles any coupon. Then the coupon says on it "one coupon/item per customer" and you would have to go through the checkout line repeatedly to get more than one laundry soap. When I go in the store, the shelf is bare where that item used to be. Hmmmmm. What am I missing? I seem to be doing it all wrong apparently! lol !

7. judyd1

judyd1New Member

Threads:
    Smart Source has a phone app. RedPlum and P&G are both online with a website. So can someone tell me please, WHY do we still have to buy newspapers to get their inserts?

Why can't they provide online coupons so that we don't have the extra expense of buying newspapers that we might not even read ---just to get the coupons we need?

8. Deeishere

DeeishereActive Member

Threads:
    When I lived in California, I use to subscribe to newspapers. It was a really awesome price. For one year they would charge me about $10 bucks. I only subscribed to Sunday papers to get the coupons. I would get two sent to my home each week. Where I live now, they are extremely expensive. I am surprised since I am in the south now and thought it would be cheaper. Now it's just better for me to run to the store when I want papers.

9. ChadThunder

ChadThunderNew Member

Threads:
    It totally depends on the coupons that they have. Most of the time buying newspapers to save money with the coupons is not really worth the hassle. However some times if the coupons are worth it then the savings can be pretty good. Right now I only buy 2 newspapers because these specific newspapers have some VERY good coupons that save me around 40$ every week.

10. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I notice magazines started to have coupons too. All you Magazine always give around 50 coupons per issue. I think magazines decided to have coupons too to stay alive in the market. I mean coupons kept the relevance of newspapers despite of the existence of digital coupons and printable coupons.

11. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I don't buy newspaper at all. Infact I don't recall ever buying one on a subscription basis.

We don't have coupons on routine basis except may be during festivals. So I see no real advantage of buying a newspaper.

12. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We subscribe to the daily newspaper, of which we have only one here on Oahu, Honolulu Star Advertiser. Ever since I can remember we had a morning newspaper The Advertiser and evening newspaper The Honolulu Star Bulletin. They combined and The Honolulu Star Advertiser is the only daily newspaper we have. We also got a free newspaper Midweek with our weekly Wed. ads from the supermarkets. Sunday is when we have our coupons. I clip coupons for what I buy.

13. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    Here I rarely find any coupons in news papers now so I really don't buy a news paper unless I want to find out something. I wish there were more coupons available which I can't even find online. You are a smart shopper by the look of it and I'm glad you were able to save that much.

14. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    We have no such coupons in our newspapers but a random sachet of anti dandruff shampoo or antacid. Our newspapers offer gifts at the time of subscription and then run certain lottery type schemes. I am subscribed to three newspapers on regular basis and feel happy when I get a good gift if my subscription card is chosen for a comparatively better gift.

15. Jessika

JessikaActive Member

Threads:
    I use the Waitrose loyalty scheme to get newspapers free, so normally 3 or 4 a week. They only provide the nationals, but its simply enough to find coupons or change paper if there's a good offer. I'd be getting the free papers anyway because we have pets, so the coupons tend to just be a bonus.

16. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    At this era, we're no longer dependent on print media. It's only to satisfy the habit, there's one subscription at my home.

By the time newspapers are delivered at doorsteps, news become old. There's no point in reading the same news which we're already aware of. But as I mentioned, as long as all the family members, especially the older generations are not ready to get rid of this habit, we'll continue.

17. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I buy newspaper to get the latest news, to keep myself abreast of the government's project and accomplishment, to update myself of the new curriculum offered by the Department of Education. I have not indulged myself on availing coupons for a discount or whatever sales or promotion therein. In fact, our national paper doesn't adapt that kind of marketing approach of any product. The paper is more on sales of real property, announcement of property foreclosure, among others.

18. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    Print media is more easier to trust than Internet when it comes to news because Internet is filled with fake news. I hate fake news so much because it influenced the election results of a certain country. I also love getting coupons on my Sunday paper. I know online coupons exists but many of them are fake.