How Many Cruises Have You Been On?

Discussion in Travel started by TPhoenix • Aug 21, 2015.

1. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    I've never been on a cruise before and I'll be shattering that fact next year when I finally go on my first cruise for about a week. I cannot wait and I'm very excited about it. For those of you that have been on a cruise once or a couple times, how was the whole experience? And how long did you go for?

2. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I have been on three cruises, the first was about 15 years ago, and the other two have been in the past 2 years. I enjoyed them. Alcohol sales can get pretty expenses, it can be easy to lose track of how much you are spending with the Sign and Sale card systems all the cruiselines utilize, but I am usually pretty aware of what I spend so never ran into a problem. I've heard nightmares of people having way too much fun and running up a pretty sizeable tab! I like that cruise vacations give me an opportunity to visit several different ports in one vacation, and I always enjoy meeting new people.

3. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I travel every year, at least twice to other countries. But I have yet to try a cruise. I have some friends who had taken a cruise and they say the experience is worth the cost. Yes, the cost is too steep that is equivalent to around 3 trips to 3 countries. That's what makes me hesitate, we might not enjoy it because we might be thinking of the cost all the time.

4. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have traveled on ships, but I wouldn't call those trips "cruises". They were only short trips of up to three days across the Mediterranean. I love traveling by ship or boat, but I don't know how I would fare if I had to stay on a ship for longer than a few days. I don't like the thought of being dependent on the food on the ship, as I often hear about people getting ill from salmonella and other offending bacteria.
    Also, there is the dreaded sea sickness. It would be a nightmare for me if I developed symptoms of sea sickness without the ability to leave the ship.