How many cities have you lived in?

Discussion in Travel started by Pat • Aug 8, 2012.

1. hsandez

hsandezNew Member

Threads:
    I've had the good fortune to live in a number of cities and am always looking forward to my next travel adventure. I have lived since childhood in both Los Angeles and San Diego. I had the chance to live in Madrid, Spain for one year when I was in college studying abroad. Also, I have lived in a few cities in Mexico. I've lived in Queretaro, San Miguel de Allende, Oaxaca and México city. A city that I haven't lived in yet but would really love to is Paris. First chance I get I'm going to move there.

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've only lived in 3 cities, Flushing ,New York where I was born -home of the US's first Shaolin temple, Miami's South Beach when I was out of college and working at a nightclub, and North Miami now that I'm an older ,settled mom.

3. niceness8000

niceness8000Active Member

Threads:
    That's interesting. Is there anything specific you look for when you move to a new city? Or is it just a "bug" you get to just get up and go? I had a friend who said that you really get to experience a lot of different sub-cultures when you move around a lot, but the problem for her was that she never had a chance to establish good, long-lasting friendships. What is your take on that?

4. Mikered25

Mikered25Member

Threads:
    I haved lived in North Carolina, Florida and Georgia. I love living in Georgia its where I am originally from and where my support system is. My finacee is here, my friends and family are here and this is where my job is. When I lived in North Carolina, I went to Job Corps for about two years to finish my building maintenance trade. When I was in Florida, I lived with my mother for about 5yrs and I developed good friendships and it helped me build a foundation that helped me grow as a person.

5. allswl

allswlActive Member

Threads:
    I must say i have not live in more than two cities all my life. I grew up and went to school in one and then left after wards to work and live in another. It amazes me how different cities can be in terms of the people, speed, entertainment, feel, and look. I love where I live because it is slow paced and easy living.