How Light Do You Travel?

Discussion in Travel started by Denis Hard • Jul 30, 2015.

1. SLTE

SLTEActive Member

Threads:
    Fairly light. I can't be bothered carrying around a ton of stuff. If I'm going somewhere for only a few days I take a backpacks' worth of clothes and toiletries and that's it. If I'm going to be gone for a week or more I'll grab a suitcase and just wash my clothes at a laundromat. I don't dress strikingly, so I doubt anyone really notices if I wear the same clothes several days in a row.

2. watsadamen

watsadamenMember

Threads:
    The things I bring when I travel would depend on where I am going especially what the weather would be like. For travelers on a budget, it is recommended that you travel light since some airlines charge less if you do not have any checked in baggage. Budget travels usually involve a lot of walking or riding the public transportation so it is more convenient if you travel light. Also, some budget hotels have no elevator so lugging a heavy suitcase on a flight of stairs can be a challenge. I also make sure I will have extra space on my luggage for souvenirs. Paying for excess baggage fees can be heavy on the pockets.

3. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    I try and keep everything I'm bringing on a vacation to one suitcase and a backpack. I usually don't go anywhere more than a week, and if I do, there's usually a place I can wash my clothes. You can pack and prepare for anything, but it just gets too cumbersome to carry around all that luggage and you often don't need the "extra" clothes or shoes or other things that you packed. Packing light just makes your trip easier and less stressful without worrying about all your stuff.

4. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    Traveling is really a great hobby for all travelers.