How I Do Save Money While Shopping Online?

Discussion in Shipping Services started by Sprint4Deals • Feb 17, 2016.

1. Sprint4Deals

Sprint4DealsNew Member

Threads:
    Hello Friends. Will anybody suggest me, How do i save money while shopping online.

2. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As what we do when shopping in stores, we can hunt for the discounts. Right now we are awaiting the delivery of the garden hose that we ordered from an online store (this is the 3rd garden hose we had bought from that store). Online shopping is much easier because of the search function where you just type in the item and a list will appear to choose from. The garden hose we ordered is on a 70% discount.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You ought to compare the prices of the items by visiting several online shops so that you could get the best bargain. Also look for items being auctioned in Ebay, I used to do that, and when there are no bidders then I find myself getting a very good bargain with the minimum bid price.

4. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always compare prices among several shops, to ensure that I'm not only getting the lowest price, but that the items are comparable. Sometimes there are subtle differences that need to be taken into account, because they can affect which item is the better purchase. Here's an example of a real life scenario I've encountered. I purchase Kit n Kaboodle dry cat food. If I purchase it at Walmart, I can pay $9.99 for 16 lbs. If I purchase it at Kroger, I can pay $9.99 for 13 lbs. I can obviously also purchase larger sized bags, but sometimes if I'm short on money, I'll purchase the $9.99 bag, and obviously the one from Walmart is a much better deal. I can tell the difference when I'm in the store, because the 3 lb weight difference is obvious when I pick up the bag. However, when shopping online, it might not be quite as apparent, so I have to be aware of things such as unit prices, and make sure I'm comparing apples to apples and oranges to oranges.

I also use eBates when shopping online, because I usually will get back at least 1% on what I spend, as long as the store participates in the program, which most I shop at do.

5. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    The best way to save money when shopping online is to first of all compare the prices on online stores with those of physical retail stores to see which is the better deal. The other trick is to hunt for coupons which offer good discounts like Couponcraze.com and couponmom.com. Like Facebook pages because alot of coupon notifications are sent on Facebook. Sign up for email newsletters to get the best deals.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    The best way is to be aware which seasons yield the best sales. I have been comparing Black Friday deals with Christmas deals for the past few years, for example, and it turns out that Black Friday deals do give out much lower prices than during the holidays, so this year I plan on doing my holiday shopping during this season to save myself even more money on gifts. Also it's best to search for coupons before making a purchase since sometimes you get to have big discounts this way.

7. Sydney M.

Sydney M.Member

Threads:
    When I shop online, there are a few specific things I try to keep in mind:
    1. Try to make a list of the things you are looking for or would interested in buying and try to stick to that list. I find that whenever I go onto an online clothing store without a goal, I go crazy and buy whatever I think looks appealing, even if I wasn't intending to buy it in the first place. You could also try putting aside a certain amount of money you are ok spending on your shopping adventure.
    2. Look online for discount/coupon codes, sales, or deals that you could receive. Lately I will make my way around the site to try and find deals. If you can't find any, try shopping in the sales department for what you're looking for before making your way to the regular-priced items.
    3. Shop at times when there are the most sale items or deals. After Christmas and other big holidays or when seasons just begin to change, you can oftentimes find some awesome deals or sale items.
    Good luck!

8. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's very easy to save money online. There are browser extensions that will find you the site that's selling whatever you want to buy at the lowest price.

There are other browser extensions that will find promo codes and coupons for you. Use them [these browser extensions] and they'll find you the best deals on the web always.

9. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    There are three ways to save money while doing shopping online: one, discount coupon, two free shipping, and three promotional offers.
    If you can find discount coupons, you will save money.
    If you can have free shipping, you will save money.
    If you shop when there is promotional offers such as buy one get one free, sale, and discounts,you will save a lot of money.

10. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    Shopping Portals ARE GREAT!! MyPoints.com is a great place to go. You enter your store from the MyPoints.com site and that fixes it so that you get a cash back type discount on your purchases. I use them all the time to shop at Walmart.com and I have quite a bit of points saved up. And you can cash them out to Paypal. I really, really like MyPoints.com and highly recommend this site.

11. naveen.vishwa

naveen.vishwaNew Member

Threads:
    yes i agree bargaining skills should be required

12. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    When shopping online it's important to tour as many sites as possible to compare prices and shopping deals. It may not be a simple task but I believe that it should be a necessary activity to gain the best possible advantage. You should also check out reviews on these sites to find out if they perform reliably

13. clair02

clair02Member

Threads:
    It depends on what you're shopping for. I would suggest that you visit a few of the websites and compare the prices on those online shops for the best bargain. It's actually easier and more fun that when you are physically out there hunting for discounts. It's certainly less stressful.

14. Koksadi

KoksadiNew Member

Threads:
    I go for inline shopping only if I get good deals. Big discounts and special offers are a USP for online shopping. So, most of the times I wait for the so called online big sales.

15. prettypal

prettypalNew Member

Threads:
    The best time to shop online is during holiday seasons and when shopping sites offer irresistible discounts for limited time period. Amazon recently had limited time period deals and I really made use of this opportunity to buy a power bank, a trimmer and a pair of shoes.

16. walter12

walter12Active Member

Threads:
    I agree, holiday seasons are the best time to shop as there are far more interesting and various promotions and rewards in stores.

17. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    Check out the cashback and the coupon sites. You can find some good coupons on those sites. Applying them on the sites can save your shipping money. And also it can be saving a lot of money. In due time you can see that there are some of the cashback sites. That can save money. And also they can be used for buying some of the essential stuff as well. That is what I have learned in due process.

18. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I think if you search the sites with the best discounts regarding those products you are looking for is always the best start. Sometimes the search can be tiresome, but it's always worth it.

19. sommax

sommaxMember

Threads:
    @DrRipley@DrRipley I totally agree with what you said. I have done the same comparison between black Fridays and Christmas deals based on prices and had found out that black Fridays are always cheaper than Christmas deals. Since then all my necessary purchases are being done during the black Friday deals.

#19Oct 19, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2017