How fast is your internet?

Discussion in Internet Broadband Access started by JoshTheboss • Jul 2, 2014.

1. JoshTheboss

JoshThebossMember

Threads:

How does yours compare?

I pay $30 per month from Comcast in USA.

2. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    How fast is my internet?

Unfortunately not fast enough like what my internet provider advertised. :( But from where I am, it's the only stable DSL connection that I can get so I just have to live with it for now. My internet plan is up to 3MBPS - but according to them it's not a guaranteed speed. I'm lucky to have 1mbps continuously the whole day, my connection speed plays between .3 to .5 mbps only. :(

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have the fastest connection but it's good enough for me because I don't do heavy-weight downloading nor do I watch videos online. The average speed of my connection is 500Kpbps but at times the speed could go up to 1Mbps. In the evening however when most people are back home from work, the speeds tend to be somewhat lower.

4. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    Globe telecom 5mpbs package.

This is the current internet speed we receive. The test was done at 11:50 pm Philippine Time. We're paying for a package of 5Mbps for $36.72 and we only receive less that 2Mbps as you can see from the image above. Our provider is Globe Telecoms. There are other internet service providers here but the services are even worse than this. I was a bit surprised to see 1.21 Mbps as we were already experiencing faster internet speed at night. At daytime, the speed is slower.

5. lionzfire122

lionzfire122Member

Threads:
    I just downloaded this app. I have to say it's one of the best speed test apps I've tested.
    Here are my results.

I have a download speed of 14.84.
    I have an upload speed of 7.41.
    In my ping is 116.

That's the speed on my phone. If you think that's good let me know.

6. wulfman

wulfmanActive Member

Threads:
    Mine is slow as hell.

My download rate is between 20-60 kb/s

I am going to try the speed test right now.

I pay $12/month for my internet AND phone service.

LMAO

ping 45 ms
    dl speed .51 Mbps
    upload speed .46 Mbps

Wow is that normal ? I'm paying 12 bucks for this !! i have DSL

#6Jul 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2014
  7. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    50€ - Cable + Landline + Internet

pingamos.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Based on the time that Speedtest is currently calculating my speed, it seems really slow..

Ok now it has finished calculating my internet speed.. The results are:

Ping: 62 minutes

Download Speed: 0.44 MBPS

Upload Speed: 1.50 MBPS

The speed is really slow during peak hours, but during off-peak hours it's quite fast.

9. jmoriarty630

jmoriarty630Banned

Threads:
    2.20 Mb/s download
    0.34 Mb/s upload
    80 ms ping

My internet is really slow :( that's because I'm using a hotspot on my smartphone :D

10. megadelayed

megadelayedMember

Threads:
    I pay £7.50 a month for my broadband, and I get 50Mbit broadband, and I pay £128 a year for my landline. So I think it's a good deal. Although I do think that the download speed is more than plenty for me, but the 3mb/s upload speed is a bit too slow. I think that at least 5mb/s upload should be offered.

11. TuRon Davis

TuRon DavisActive Member

Threads:
    I'm with Time Warner and I pay for 15mbps but the last test I ran was before today was at 16mbps. Currently I'm running around 12mbps which is probably due to me having a temporary virus. The thing that gets me is how one day it's lightning fast and the next minute it's sluggish even when there are no viruses. Google fiber however, comes in at an amazing 1000 mbps. That is crazy!

12. TuRon Davis

TuRon DavisActive Member

Threads:
    Yes for the amount of money you're paying, that's about as normal as it gets. Average internet speed I read is between .05-3mbps. That's the basic speed that is ideal for only light browsing. for downloading, watching movies, gaming, etc. you would want at least 6mbps.

13. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    I just ran my test here in Jamaica, and my results are that I'm hosted by Cable and Wireless, Jamaica. My Ping speed is 39ms, my download speed is 7.13Mbps and my upload speed is 0.84Mbps, that's decent I think for where I live, considering that we don't have 5G technology here yet, only 4G, the reason I get this result too is that I'm at a place where the internet speed is not the best, at my home, I get a nice 10.00 and over for my download speed :)

14. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm sorry about Comcast. That company is pretty terrible. Not necessarily the services but the customer service.

Download: 30.00 Mbps
    Upload: 10.00 Mbps
    Ping: 10 ms

I'm on a wireless connection that's actually a good 50 feet or so from the main router and a story below, so it's a pretty strong connection that would be far better wired. So I'm getting 3.75 MB (MegaBYTES) per second on average. Sometimes, people don't realize that Mb and MB are different things, and a 1 Mbps connection isn't what they'd expect (since it's 0.125 MBps).

15. maxim66

maxim66New Member

Threads:
    My internet is not the best, due to the fact that I live in a small town in western Ireland.
    If I recall correctly it is
    15 Mb/s Down
    0.65 Mb/s Up

As I said, nothing too great, I've got a bad connection to this internet and in games I usually have a ping of 200+.

16. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    I notice those who claim to have speeds as fast as Comcast fail to mention the name of that company providing the service.
    I believe Comcast is much faster than AT&T's Uverse or any others that operate here in the United States.
    I used to take graduate courses on line. I constantly complained about how slow my computer became each time I tried getting information from the online library. Fellow students suggested I switch internet providers. Downloading those files made me switch from AT&T to Comcast.

17. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm not exactly sure of the details but I'm guessing mine is about average as whenever I download something I usually get to around 200 to 300 Kbps and I usually stream just fine without buffering whenever I'm watching anyone online. The only problem is that some streams do tend to lag on me but they are not too many that it becomes too bothersome for me.

18. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My internet service provider is Virgin Media. When we first had them install their broadband box, so that we could use the internet, the speed was fine. I was fine with it. I find that a lot of the time people will have slow computers, and then they will blame their internet connection for the slowness, when in reality the computer is a piece of junk and needs to be replaced. Virgin Media recently upped their internet speed for free, but personally I haven't really noticed a difference.

19. eagletal88

eagletal88Active Member

Threads:
    I think I have one of the slowest internet connections here...

0.6 Download- mbps
    0.2 Upload- mbps

I used to have Time Warner and had pretty fast speeds, but am done with them. I am looking to upgrade soon to a better company.

20. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    Whoa! which country are you from @eagletal88? That is not even slow connection my friend, that's no internet connection at all! Better yet, what type of device were you using while you conducted this test? sometimes the device we use, while we have very strong internet connection will make us get a slower or lower connection or connectivity.