How do you receive or use your earnings from Paypal?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by smartdude966 • Nov 12, 2014.

1. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's better to not link your credit or debit card to PayPal. I've pretty much figured out that this is just a way of extracting money from you. Whenever I receive money from PayPal, I course it through my bank account through the Add Bank Account option and directly transfer my PayPal money to my local bank account. It usually takes 2 to 5 business days. If I withdraw around $100 or more, they do not charge any transfer fee.

2. artyarson

artyarsonActive Member

Threads:
    I usually apply the payout option and transfer them to my debit card. However, I still prefer having some money on my PayPal account, as some of the payments are better done with the help of PayPal, mainly because of lower commissions. That's it.

3. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I receive money through PayPal (my preferred method of receiving payment) by doing various things such as freelance writing, sponsored blog posts, ad network revenue, private advertising, referrals.

I don't tend to let money accumulate in my account for long, once a week I move whatever is there into my bank account. I'm lucky as it transfers into my bank account instantly. :)

I have paid for holidays, rent, football tickets, running race entry fees, and a hell of a lot more with my money. :)

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also transfer my money from PayPal to my UK account. Ever since I heard on here that Paypal accounts can get frozen and people can sometimes have trouble accessing their money, I just don't let it pile up.

5. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For me, it depends on the amount of money I have in my PayPal account. Lately, I've been using it to pay for marketing services and apps that I use for my shops. I also occasionally transfer the funds to my bank account, but sometimes that takes 3-5 days, although I'm not sure if that's due to my bank or PayPal. I suspect it's my bank, since they seem to like to do whatever's in their best interests. I also sometimes use the money to pay bills via my PayPal debit card if I have enough in there.

6. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It depends. I usually just use it for general expenses. I would say I use it for gas and grocery shopping and sometimes save it to put a portion of it toward the mortgage or the electric bill as the case may be. Of course since I work online never know for sure how much is going to be coming my way, and it can vary greatly from month to month.

7. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I often find some really great bargains on eBay, and they almost always want you to pay with Paypal (which I like anyway because it is more secure); so that is one of the things that i do with my paypal account.
    I also have small monthly payments, like my Netflix, come out of the paypal debit card. You always get extra credit when you pay for something and use the paypal debit card; so i like to do that when I can.
    I never have very much money in the paypal account; sso it is basically just for small things, kind of like a "mad money" account.

8. ThesePretzels

ThesePretzelsMember

Threads:
    I usually turn around and spend any money that finds it's way into my paypal account pretty quickly. So I rarely take the time to transfer funds to the bank. It would be a perfect system if only Amazon would start accepting paypal, but besides them it works out nicely.

9. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    I receive payments directly to my paypal account. As simple as It sounds, is pretty safe and fast enough. Then I transfer some money to my back account or convert those earnings into gift card currency.

10. lisasian86

lisasian86Member

Threads:
    I usually leave it in my paypal account and use it as a savings account and then I might withdraw to my bank account if I want to use it.

11. Jasmine Inya

Jasmine InyaNew Member

Threads:
    Unfortunately, I have never heard of a PayPal MasterCard and therefore have never used one, but you have all struck me with curiosity so I doubt that'll be true for much longer! However, I use PayPal almost everyday. I find it to be so much easier to keep track of money coming in and going out, and it makes transferring money into my bank account extremely easy. I'm a huge fan of earning money online during my free time and all of my earnings go directly into my PayPal. I normally use the money I earn to shop online at Forever21, or wherever something has caught my eye. Like Forever21, many online stores have the option of checking out with PayPal!

12. bipin

bipinNew Member

Threads:
    You can use Paypal for various reason as per your requirement. If you are doing online job then you can get money through Paypal and then you can transfer it to your bank account, but condition is that you have to first verify your bank account with them.

13. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    I get paid via paypal for my online work. Usually,I make $3 a day which means by the end of the month I will have $90 on my paypal account. However, I cannot withdraw this money via card or bank because my paypal is unverified. There, the only option for me is to use paypal balance to buy products on ebay or on the sites where unverified paypal is accepted.

14. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I use the funds that i receive through Paypal to purchase goods online because I am not in the US and i will have to have at least $150 to be able to withdraw to my bank account and if I make a withdraw to my bank account its would probably take more than a week for me to receive it.

15. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I usually will let it build up then transfer it to my bank account. I will also use it to pay for purchases on websites that have that option or when I buy something from eBay. I find it easy to do and have never had a problem with the transfers. I get it in a day or two after requesting the transfer.

16. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I have opted for automatic transfer to my bank account. So, it gets automatically transferred to my account. My country does not allow to make payments via paypal. Hence, I do not have any other option available for me.

17. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    I myself have tried both Credit cards and Debit cards with either Visa or Amex logos on them. I've also used our local bank which is BDO and Bitcoin through Virwox and Coinbase.

18. annitha

annithaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't sell on eBay but I quite frequently shop there. If I receive a Paypal payment from any of my clients or from any blog or a website, it usually goes in my Paypal, but rarely check into my debit card.

I have a very nasty habit of spending everything I earn online and I am not worried about that.

Still, I have real life job so it doesn't bother me much.

I have a normal debit card connected to my Paypal and it serves me just fine and without any problems. I know that there is a bank option, but I am not aware of any other option, if there is any.

19. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    Since I still don't have a verified account I spend my funds shopping online. I don't earn too much so when ever I earn I use it for groceries or for my daughters necessities.

20. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just withdrew money from my atm account yesterday courtesy of my earnings in paypal. The transfer of money from PayPal to my atm account has a minimum otherwise there's a service charge. And the transfer is charged a minimal fee by the bank. I find it convenient so the setup of paypal is perfect to me.