How do you feel about cable companies getting into the video game market?

Discussion in Internet Broadband Access started by crossunitedfate • Oct 18, 2012.

1. crossunitedfate

crossunitedfateMember

Threads:
    Last month, it was revealed that Time Warner, Comcast, and Verizon were all looking into ways to stream video games from their services. This would mean at least 3 more companies would be vying for customers in an already saturated industry.

And there is the other problem of pricing. As we speak, these same cable companies try to get you to bundle with tv, phone, and internet as it is. Just imagine the price if they add gaming to that bundle. Personally, I can't see much good if any coming from them entering the video game market.

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Eh, I guess whatever floats their boats. I can see how it will benefit them as companies. And if people want to pay that extra for video games, who am I to argue? I won't be buying the services, though.

3. crossunitedfate

crossunitedfateMember

Threads:
    I think it's a counter attack against game companies. When you look at the PS3, 360 and even the upcoming Wii U, you see a bunch of t.v. and movie services on their systems, making cable/ satellite a little less viable. So in a way, you can probably look at it as retaliation.

4. GavinMcresty

GavinMcrestyMember

Threads:
    Well, they are trying to diversify and expand their markets. It is what businesses try to do. We will just have to see if what they offer is worth going for. Otherwise it makes no real difference really. Even if it does no good, I cannot see how it does much harm.

5. sking61

sking61Member

Threads:
    These companies are well known to market a lot of consumer so that be an addition to what they present in their deal package. They could for sure compete with other industries that are just marketing video games. If they become successful with this way of marketing they could draw in a lot of consumer who like video games.

6. Carlalexander

CarlalexanderMember

Threads:
    I believe it's a great idea, it will open up a new market, create employment opportunities and the competition will also make the services cheaper :)