Hotel Vs Inn

Discussion in Travel started by Corzhens • Apr 27, 2016.

1. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For our domestic travels, we usually book into an inn for accommodation because of the cheaper rate. And usually when we travel to the province, we are always out and we only use the accommodation for sleeping. However, we prefer an inn with good food. Just like last year in Batanes province, we booked in an inn and we were satisfied with the food and service plus the cost which is less than 50% compared to hotels.

2. sidjohn

sidjohnMember

Threads:

, I agree with you at this point and observe that always there is a great difference of charges in Hotel and Inn and often try to choose an inn to stay there for night if any available near my travel spot. Anyway, I am keen to know the name of that Inn about which you are talking about here.

3. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    I'll go for hotel room...

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I know Inns can offer just as good a service as a hotel, but when we travel, if we can afford it, I much prefer the hotel feel. The inn is good for that intimate sort of vibe, which I don't always care for when I'm travelling. Strange as it may seem, sometimes I just want a little distance and to be left to my own devices. Some inns can feel like a bed and breakfast LOL -which I don't mind at all, but I have to be in the right frame of mind.

5. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I will always try to book at the place where things are cheaper, and usually this will be an inn. I always like to make sure that it is suitable to stay in though, so I will take a look at reviews from other people before I finally book it. You can often find great deals if you leave it until the last minute to book, but this is always a little bit risky as you don't really know whether the room that you want will be available if you book it that late.

6. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    A typical reputable Hotel has a lot of leisure features: mini-bars, arcade gaming, swimming pools, child-care center, gym, spas, conference hall and service of social gatherings. The cost and expenses of hotel usually depends on the type of services. It can be very expensive or a holiday bargain.

An inn is generally cheaper, and usually located along highways or countryside. But an inn doesn't provide the same variety of features
    compared to a hotel. I mostly stay at Inns during leisure travels because
    me and my family don't spend much time indoors. But eventually It really depends which place you visit. If you are going to visit a city, is probably
    better to stay at hotels nearby to places of interest.

7. maxen57

maxen57Active Member

Threads:
    I'd prefer inns over hotels since they're usually cheaper. I've been to inns that are pretty decent. Beddings are always changed, the bathrooms are smaller but very clean, ventilation is good and the locations are quite peaceful. I do need to be wary of rooms with doors that have broken locks, flickering lights and the possibility of hidden cameras that can be detected with simple tricks found online.

8. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I'll go for hotel rooms if i can afford it, it's like the second best place away from home and it puts me at ease. Having inns as an option is a lifesaver especially if you're on a tight budget.

9. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah absolutely agreed on that. :rolleyes:

10. rosemoon

rosemoonActive Member

Threads:
    I too have to say inns are more preferable budget wise. Hotels are nice and are often located in safer looking places. Plus sometimes you get free stuff for staying at some hotels. Some inns are in places/neighborhoods that don't inspire a sense of confidence and safety, but there are some good inns out there.. I've only stayed at hotels during school trips, but if I'm travelling with my family or friends for pleasure, an inn is the way to go.

11. KillerFrost22

KillerFrost22New Member

Threads:
    I will go for Hotels to be safe.

12. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I think I like the cozy quaint Inn experience myself and find the food and accommodation thing comes with the whole package,unlike the Hotel experience where it is separate for the food and room. The Inn does not have a restaurant but has a seperate area for food and drink usually,and they are located on the outskirts of cities and along the roadside and price is better than a Hotel.

#12Jun 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  13. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I usually stay in hostels because besides being more interesting to me, I think paying dearly for a place where I'll just basically sleep and take a shower is a waste of money, after all... I'll spend the whole day on the street. :D