Hotel vs Aparthotel

Discussion in Travel started by Gelsemium • Mar 4, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In the last couple of years I've always stayed in apart-hotels with my family. Just a couple of weekends ago I took a chance and we stayed (wife + 2 small kids) in an hotel room and it was not as convenient, but one different night lol. We had twin beds and a single bed, where my 6 year old slept and my wife had to share her bed with the 4 year old, it was a busy night!

What do you prefer? Would you go for the cheapest?

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    It depends on what I'm traveling for.

If I'm just staying for a single night while I'm on a long road trip, then a cheap hotel is more than sufficient. I only need a bed and warm shower usually. I wouldn't want one with 2 small twin beds and a single for your setup, but in general, a hotel would be fine.

If I'm staying for a week somewhere on vacation, then a aparthotel is much more efficient and enjoyable!

3. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree, when traveling for a week nothing like an apart hotel with space for all of us sleep more conveniently, space to cook and to save on meals, well, all the commodities of "home". If it's just for a night or two we can endure some discomfort though. :)