Hotel Or Private Rooms?

Discussion in Travel started by to7update • Apr 4, 2017.

1. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    I think the most common situation when traveling it to book for a hotel because it's safer. It happens to be more expensive too, and there are quite a few private rooms available that might have a similar quality for a fraction of the price. What do you prefer in this case, a hotel or a private room?

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In the earlier years of our traveling, we try to save on the accommodation that’s why we usually book into private rooms. But when our budget had improved, we got used to booking in 3-star hotels and later on 4-star or 5-star. The luxury is worth it considering that we are on vacation and as tourists, it is all right to spend much for a good accommodation especially a hotel with free breakfast. It is very refreshing to wake up in a nice hotel room in the morning.

3. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    For me travelling means being away from my accomodation most of the time and that is why accomodation doesn't matter to me much as long as its clean and safe.

I rather accomodate myself in a cheap room and save for sightseeing, adventures or good food.

4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I travel I always stayed in hotels or relative's homes. I always like to be safe and stay in hotels or relative's homes. We go on tours or have our relatives help us and take us around. We like Hilton Hotels. Staying in hotels, you get comfort, safety and help when you need it, so we like to stay at hotels when we travel only.

5. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, that's what happens with most of us @Krissttina Isobe@Krissttina Isobe, it's the standard procedure so-to-speak. At the same time, we can go low cost and actually enjoy the same level of quality, it's just a matter of looking, and be fortunate enough to find a good one. AirBnB makes a great job showing some of these rooms.

6. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    If it's possible to secure a private room at your choice destination having most of the features a normal hotel stay would have then for economical reasons if you planning on a long stay that maybe a good choice. I doubt if there are places where one can easily get private rooms of almost same profile as a good hotel room for a significantly low amount.

7. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @to7update@to7update :)Hmm, I've been seeing commercials about AirBnB lately. Nice people who opened their homes for vacation rental. Seems good, so maybe I might try AirBnB next. They seem like very nice people that run the AirBnB locally. I have never heard of AirBnB until I saw the commercials and your post. It's good to learn things all the time. Since AirBnB is cheaper we save money too. Great!!!

#7Apr 7, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2017
  8. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    AirBnB is already a worldwide business that worth millions because had the capacity to connect individuals to people seeking for rooms or even whole apartments. It's a great opportunity to get something different at low cost. I have never tried it, but I browse the site a lot, like window shopping. :)

9. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    When I am traveling officially I always stay in hotels because I have no idea of cooking that I will have to do while staying in private rooms besides if you stay in private rooms it would be a different problem because one has to carry his own personal items. I think if one is going out for longer duration only then the private rooms are a better alternative.

10. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, that is another perspective @Ray1@Ray1. If I am traveling in business with paid expenses, no doubt that I will spend whatever I am entitled to even if it's more expensive, after all I am there to work. In this case, a good hotel with good meals and facilities is definitely my choice. :)

11. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    I wonder what is this private room thing as I have never seen it. All the time I only prefer hotels during travelling. I don't know what is the difference between services and all that so can't tell more about it.

12. Jaylen Gomez

Jaylen GomezNew Member

Threads:
    First you need to make sure that the place is safe 2nd if you feel comfortable to stay and 3rd the price.

13. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    Well, it depends on the number of days that you are staying and also the budget. If you have a good budget and the stay is for a long time then you can book a hotel or else for one or two days I think booking a private room is just enough. However, safety should be the main concern. :)

14. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I always prefer the hotels. However, I usually stay in modest hotels because I don't feel any need to spend so much money on expensive hotels, after all... I spend practically all day on the street and just come back to take a shower and sleep.

15. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100 It's common even in your own city but probably you never paid attention to this widely used facility called paying guest in our country. You either pay for all facilities like breakfast, lunch/dinner and room/bed or pay for room only. You can see tons of advertisement in classified section of local newspapers for private rooms Or search for the same in Google writing your city's name..

#15May 4, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  16. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1 I have heard about paying guest. But never thought that we can use it instead of hotel during travelling. Here when people are studying in other city or working then they do choose to stay as paying guest to low down the cost. But I never thought about it during travelling or I never seen anyone using it either.

#16May 4, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  17. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100 Actually these private rooms are not exactly the Paying guest as you know them for long term basis but in available for short term as owners with extra space provide them to visitors on short term basis. These facilities are mostly available in cities where tourist visit frequently. In fact this is one of the best earning opportunity for house owners with extra space and visitors also save money because these rooms are comparatively cheaper with better facilities.

#17May 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
  18. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1 It sounds good. I mean they must have been low cost in compare to hotels. Right?

You say they available at tourism places. How to find them? I mean suppose I am visiting certain place and I want to take this private room then how to find them? Is they available online too book? I don't think so as I never seen anything like this.

#18May 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
  19. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    I will prefer to book a hotel room and mostly I get the opportunity to share with someone else and that ease my pocket as well. I usually focus on my traveling and prefer to share a room with a travel person for having a relaxing stay after a tired day.

20. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I would prefer a hotel where I could get a package deal which includes all the meals like what would prevail in an all inclusive. This would save me the time from having to scout around for meals and I believe that the meal costs would be lower through this arrangement.