Hotel Freebies

Discussion in Travel started by Alexandoy • Mar 19, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am on vacation in Japan now and we are booked in a nice hotel. As usual, we gather the freebies such as coffee and tea, shampoo and soap, slippers, comb, toothbrush set, lotion. Those freebies are awaited by our friends so instead of buying souvenirs for them, the freebies will do as homecoming token. Think of how much we had saved. By the way, we stayed here 4 nights... that's a lot of freebies.

2. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I like freebies tol. I don't mind such samples but I always doubt their quality. Of course, if you are going to gift away then that is acceptable.

I would be skeptical to use some of such items on myself as they are usually of low quality.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Me too I love hotel freebies. You do save money whether it's for yourself or gifts for others. I like the many good quality products for freebies too. Just that sometimes you got to store them so you buy another bag to bring all those freebies home with you. I never took towels though, too much to carry home, lol!

4. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Hotel freebies in a way can help save a small or tiny portion ofv your hotel budget. But be that so I am thinking as part of a free offer can't be extended to period of stay,for example I am booking for two, three or more nights and the hotel management decide to allow a night of no charge as a 'freebie'. This type will make a lot of meanings to me

5. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I have yet to carry back a freebie provided by hotels or trains during travel because I always thought that should be used right there. However the idea of giving them to friends and relative never crossed my mind. Maybe next time I will carry some of them with me and keep them as souvenirs :)