Hotel Freebies

Discussion in Travel started by Corzhens • Jul 27, 2016.

1. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you take advantage of hotel freebies? The first thing we check upon entering the hotel room are the freebies like the welcome drinks and fruits, toiletries (soap, shampoo, toothbrush), grooming kit (comb, shoe polish), slippers, stationary and pen. I am not ashamed to say that I have a lot of hotel slippers in my collection which we use for our bedroom.

Those freebies can also be a homecoming gifts that I usually give to our housemaids. They loved the soap, shampoo and sometimes there's cologne from the 5-star hotel. One time there was a 5-star hotel that has a can of expensive tea as freebie. It served as a Christmas gift for my husband's boss who appreciated that Genting tea. .

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I will freely admit I take the lot if it's good quality, and because it does save money and you are entitled to it. Often I don't need the room cleaned if I stay a while and just ask housekeeping to replenish the toiletries and coffee. They usually give me a huge handful because I have saved them time cleaning the room.

I also take pens and notepads as I find them very useful and envelopes if they have them too.

3. hades_leae

hades_leaeActive Member

Threads:
    Anything that I find in there is mine. I take all the soap, rolls of tissue, I went into the room and immediately called the office and told them that one of the pillows was missing. I did that twice at 2 different hotels and got free pillows.

They just brought me a new one, and I hid the other one under the bathroom cabinet. They believe me. Suckers.

4. Saundra Jackson

Saundra JacksonMember

Threads:

Hhaha LOL
    Sorry but reading your post I remembers me this picture :D :D

Attached Files:

5. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    They aren't really freebies, since you are ultimately paying for them. ;)

Yes, I take the "complimentary" stuff that is meant for me, such as shampoo and conditioner. I like the little soaps too. I don't take the toilet paper or pillows or anything that is clearly intended to remain in the room.

I will have coffee and grab something from the "free" breakfast as well, but I don't fill my handbag with packaged foods or pieces of fruit from the breakfast bar, like I have seen some people do. For me, there is a line between enjoying what's provided within the price of the room and flat out stealing.

6. sidjohn

sidjohnMember

Threads:
    Definitely, everyone will take advantage of hotel freebies even the hotel freebies are the main reason to catch the attention of visitors and let the own help make that place prominent among travelers. I also take a look on hotel freebies before booking any hotel.

7. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    Hotel freebies are the best parts of the stay. They help to maintain your mood and lead you towards a delightful stay. And if we talk about the expensive tea idea from a five star hotel then i would say that's a great idea, a very well appreciated gift and so unique.