Hotel Booking: Price Changes Everyday

Discussion in Travel started by naruto100 • Mar 27, 2017.

1. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I think that it is a con to keep changing the prices like that daily, weekly or whenever they feel like. I can't see that there is a need for it.

I suppose if they got a cancellation, the original booker gets some of his money back and the second booker should get a discount. But that isn't what is happening, is it? The prices go up, and why? A price should be a price, and perhaps go up as inflation goes up on a yearly basis. It is just a way to con people.

2. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @janemariesayed@janemariesayed I don't think that is the case with this. I mean they are changing price almost everyday. So getting booked and cancellation everyday is not possible I guess. Even I don't think there is need of it.

But sometimes we may get good deal. I booked from online site and I got really good deal in compare of direct booking as I have asked price by calling them directly. I wonder why these much price difference even in direct and online booking. So far I was thinking that direct booking should charge less in compare to online booking. But I guess it is not correct for all deals.

#22Apr 13, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2017
  3. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    It's just too much searching about and not fair. Say you and me end up in the same hotel, used the same plane to get there and stayed at the same time of the year. One of us could have ended up paying loads more. How is that fair on the one of us who has ended up paying more because they didn't manage to find the same website?

Yes, Trivago is great for finding the cheapest rates for a hotel room, but why is the same room being advertised at different rates in the first place? We can consider that flights and hotels are more expensive during religious holidays but how is this fair to all religions as well? If it costs the world more during Easter, how is that fair to other religions and visa versa? If we were to put prices up fairly during religious holidays then the prices would be up and down for the most of the year to take into account every religion on the planet. It's just not feasible. So, I think that flight and hotel prices should be decided upon and stuck to throughout the year. I think this makes it fair all round and would prevent parents from taking their children out of school during term time.

4. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @janemariesayed@janemariesayed Well, whatever you said is very true.

But this is pure business in their term. So I don't think they are even thinking about such things fair and unfair. They just want to have profit and they are getting it as there are people who can spend that much. So it is kind of situation where normal people can't do anything. It is like a product which is having different rates at different stores.

#24Apr 14, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2017
  5. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I subscribe to a number of booking site which sends me daily updates. I keep up with regular changes which allow me to be informed about really good deals so that I may be able to capitalize on these on a favorable deal before it expires.

6. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    Thank you for asking this. I did not know the price can vary EVERYDAY. I used to just think only the dates might affect the price. I am glad I have learned so much about hotel booking from this thread. I did not know about Trivago, but I will bookmark it for future use.

7. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @kaka135@kaka135 Yes Trivago is good site. But still it don't contains comparison of all sites. So better you checkout that. Even I didn't know about this much price fluctuation. But when I was trying to book hotel I tried to open site more times as I was having more time for it. So then I saw that price is getting change every day. And also noticed that like this we can grab best deal too.

#27Apr 15, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  8. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @explorerx7@explorerx7 That's true. I have experience this in recent time for the first time. I found the good deal even in compare to direct booking. So yes staying touch in with all online sites is good move as we can found really good deal for our travelling.

#28Apr 16, 2017
  9. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I never heard or noticed that our local hotels are rising their prices up everyday. It could only probably happen when their a forthcoming events like festival which attracted more tourists in our place.

In this case, the hotel may increase their hotel fees with added amenities or whatever. But for daily hike of hotel fees wouldn't be possible.

10. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Nakitakona@Nakitakona Its not hotel. I am talking about online booking sites. And its not just increasing they decrease the rates too. And this increments and decrements keep going almost every day. So sometimes it is good for us as we can grab the best deal for us. But for that we need to keep checking the site frequently.

Just recently I got the best deal for hotel which was quite less in compare to even direct booking.

#30Apr 20, 2017