Home Remedy For Insect Bites And Sting

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Alexandoy • Oct 5, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is the prescription of the physician in our family. When you see rashes or reddish on your skin due to probably insect bites or sting, don’t apply ointment at once. Wash the affected part with soap and water. Better if you soap it for 1 minute for further cleansing. Dry it afterwards before applying Apple cider vinegar. The acid of the vinegar will neutralize whatever venom or irritant there is in your skin.

2. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    When I get bitten by a red ant, I just put alcohol on it. This is the 1st time I heard about apple cider vinegar being used to treat insect bites. I wonder if it's better than alcohol.

3. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    Thank you for sharing this home remedy. I have not thought of using soap to wash the infected area and I have not tried using vinegar as well.. We usually just use the water to wash it, then apply aloe vera on it as we have aloe vera plants in our garden, or we just leave it if it's not too serious.

4. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    I am a bit sceptical about using acid vinegar on such bites. Because traditionally, we have been using baking soda powder paste in water to apply to insect bites and stings. As the venom from these insects is mostly acidic, the alkali from soda neutralizes that venom and soothes the infected area. So I am not really sure about applying acid vinegar on them. Have you ever personally used it and found relief?

5. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    You should first disinfect it with soap, water, and alcohol. Then, what you can do is apply aloe Vera to cool the infected area down and then wipe it. Then, you can apply garlic to it because garlic is known to reduce swelling and pain. Just rub a clove a garlic on the bite.

6. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    If it's a bee sting, then there are lots of possible home remedies that can be applied. And using this method is one of them (i.e applying apple cider vinegar to the affected area), applying a paste made of baking soda and water is also mentioned to be effective. One of the remedy is also by applying toothpaste on the swollen part. Thanks for sharing.

7. Rowzers

RowzersNew Member

Threads:
    All these sound amazing, guys.

In malaysia, we use lime betel for mosquito bites. I still remember when I was a kid, I had just arrived in Malaysia and that first night in my grandmas house was not easy. I barely slept and when I woke up, there were bites all over my body. My grandma sat me on the floor in her room and dotted lime betel on every bite. I was crying but after a while, it was funny to see white polka dots all over me. Haha

Now I'm an adult, I dip a metal spoon in hot water and wipe it dry before pressing it on a mosquito bite. Its actually quite soothing.

Lemongrass is also a good preventative to avoid bugs from coming near. :)

8. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    During the summer or after it rains here mosquitos are everywhere. I try to keep them away from my house but just opening the door a bit a few go in a bother us with their stings. I didnt know that apple cider vinegar will work for this and I always have some available. All these remedies are good to know as my daughter gets very red a swollen spots that get huge.

9. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    This is really a nice information on how to handle insect bites and stings, I definitely believe that it would be very useful especially for those that reside in a pest and insects infested area.

What I would recommend is that one normally make the habit of fumigating his surroundings once in a while, as this would limit if not possible terminate the activities of these little monsters and make your home safe.

10. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have heard a lot of home remedies for insect bites. Some of the ones I have heard of the most include baking soda for bee stings, and also witch hazel for infections from various plants. I have also heard of using calamine lotion which are helps to calm irritated skin.

11. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    If there is a sting by any insect then Aloe Vera helps. And it can take care of the wound too. Be it insect, mosquito, cockroach or anything for that matter. You can also apply the garlic to avoid the mosquito bite from happening again. So it is different for each person. That's what I have learned over a period of time. You can take care of the skin with other creams as well. That should work too.