Home Made Natural Face Primer

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Rossy • Jul 30, 2017.

1. Rossy

RossyMember

Threads:
    Oily face, acne or enlarged pores can be a bother at times. A face primer would cover all face problems. Well, primer is used mainly to help make up last longer without looking all oily. It gives your make up a matte look all day Long .

Primers are really expensive. Most people wouldn't afford them even if they felt the need to use them. Worry not. I got a recipe to make a face primer at your home . You will need the following: aloe vera gel, water-based moisturizer, loose face powder, sunscreen with a high SPF and liquid foundation. Aloe Vera gel is the base primer, the rest of the ingredients will just help it to blend in smoothly with your face. Mix them in little quantities but with a little more aloe Vera gel. Put the paste in an air tight container. It's best when stored in a fridge.

2. Keibah

KeibahActive Member

Threads:
    I don't use primer or any sort of foundation on my face but this is genius. I have all these Aloe Vera plant in my front yard and all I do is apply it on my skin. Your ingredients would be complete if you add measurements. That would be key as we wouldn't want to overdo some of them and end up miserable.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    To be honest primers are a recent thing that people don't need if they have good skin. Most makeup artists don't use them because adding an extra layer of product can look too caked on the skin. I have primers and I rarely use it because it doesn't make that much difference. If you do have oily or bumpy patches, covering it up doesn't help. You need to address the actual issue and get the skin back to normal if possible instead.

4. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    This is actually a pretty good idea and I will be telling my friends about this. I don't wear any other makeup besides mascara and lipstick so I wouldn't try this as anything can make me breakout. My friends on the other hand love makeup and primar is one of those expensive things they must have so their makeup lasts longer.

5. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    @Rossy@Rossy I like that idea.
    I do something similar, I use something called "healing gel" - it's for minor scrapes, bites, or burns, but basically it's very similar to plain Vaseline. Then I add a couple of "lifting creams" into the mix. and then hurry up and splash my face with cold water and dry it, removing maybe only 50% of the products. This also produces a "toner" type solution on my face. Because I know what you mean, trying to apply make-up, especially something like a cover-up stick under your eyes if the skin is super-dry, will only look cakey and settle into creases...and look really fake and you can tell you've got make-up on. Having a soft, almost greasy/oily skin surface (but not really oily, you know what I mean) makes the make-up glide on so much more smoothly, and stay put, all day long.

#5Nov 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2017
  6. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    Thank you for sharing this useful information, this is a good piece of information especially for a teenage girl like me who likes to save money. This tip is a money-saver for me and all of the ingredients you mentioned above are the things that I have right now. I will give it a try and I will let you know how it works on me.