Hearty Toys For Big Dogs?

Discussion in Pets started by Verity Darkwaters • Jun 20, 2016.

1. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    I am getting large dogs soon and they're known to destroy toys. Not because they're mean, but because toys are generally not made super sturdy. Is there any toys that aren't super expensive that are made specifically for Big Dogs? Something I won't have to replace every week?

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    We used to have a toy that our dog loved which was a fake bone type thing. It was great and it was made of very sturdy material so it didn't break easily and the surface of it did actually kind of feel like bone so the dog would spend hours just gnawing at it and it lasted us years. We also used it sometimes to play fetch with him and now that I think about it I think the toy even outlived the dog so I'd definitely recommend it. I never found out the brand though so apologies but I'm sure it will be fairly easy to find something similarly sturdy.

3. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Even little dogs can destroy toys in a hurry. I have a visiting dog that comes here periodically and he has ripped apart a few dog toys that I've had here. He like to shake them bite them and pull out the stuffing. I would get the most heavy duty toy you can find or you will be constantly replacing them. This is the truth.