Health Insurance Sticker Shock

Discussion in Life & Health Insurance started by Mockingbird • Dec 30, 2014.

1. Mockingbird

MockingbirdActive Member

Threads:
    I spent the majority of my lunch today on the phone trying to get someone from my health insurance company to verify what amount I am suppose to pay for January. I listened to the recording for about 20 minutes and finally hung up without ever talking to anyone. See I was mailed a bill earlier in the month, for January and the thing is I am one payment ahead, therefore my next payment should be the new rate for 2015. I am afraid if I don't send enough they might cancel me and then what? I figured I would try again tomorrow in the morning. I know this is all new in the United States but in all honesty you would think you could get someone on the phone about a bill.
    Anyone else have any problems with the new health insurance?

2. tulosai

tulosaiActive Member

Threads:
    Is there nowhere that you can log in online? Almost all companies now have a website where you can log into your account. You should be able to create an account there if you know your own date of birth, social, and policy number. You'd be able to see your new premium there and also make a payment. This is what I'd recommend.

If you are unwilling to or can't do this for whatever reason, you have to be prepared to hold for WAY over 20 minutes nowadays. I'd budget 90 minutes minimum. Have the phone on speaker so you can do other things at the same time.