Health Card For Seniors Discount On Purchases

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Alexandoy • Oct 8, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Having a health card is imperative for seniors. Whether we admit it or not, sickness will come and we may be caught by surprise. That is the advice to the seniors of one family physician over the radio. Being sick is expensive but you can avoid spending too much if you have a health insurance. I have to agree with that physician because hospitalization nowadays always costs an arm and a leg. But with a health card, you have nothing to fear and nothing to worry about the expenses.

2. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Health cards are offered when you get employed in qualified companies, so most people have one. Plus the card holders also get to choose their family members who can be their beneficiaries, so it's really a good card to have, although there is an age limit for the beneficiaries.

3. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    My wife and I have Philhealth card. We can enjoy the medical services and privileges covered by PH. The government is planning to increase more benefits to senior citizens. We're surely protected by this health program of the government.

4. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    If there's one thing to look forward to when one reaches the senior age, it's the senior citizen's discount.

If seniors can afford private health cards, I'm sure that they'll go for it. Health cards aren't cheap and they get even more expensive with increased coverage. Hence, many seniors opt to rely on government health cards when the need arises and just spend for things that the card doesn't cover. Another alternative is to use government hospitals or clinics for free consultation, minimal confinement costs, and even free medicines.

Whether or not you have secured a health card for yourself as a senior, you're bound to spend for something when you get hospitalized. Seniors who have no source of income will have to rely on social security pension or retirement funds to tide them over during emergencies or sickness. It will all come down to an individual's preparations for retirement prior to his/her senior years.

5. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    People with disabilities also have health cards that helps them to get discounts. I got diagnosed with ADHD and I found out it is counted as a disability. It helped me get discounts on drugstores and even groceries. I am not yet a senior but I am able to get discounts.

6. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    Health card seems to be something people have to consider in the government hierarchy. You can see that cards such as that can be good for the purchases in low cost and discount. Another thing is that health card requires some level of effort. I think senior citizens need to be making the health check up on regular basis.