Have You Tried Agoda?

Discussion in Travel started by kaka135 • Mar 21, 2017.

1. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I have always been seeing ads from Agoda. I have also checked out their website, and the design and features look good. I wonder if anyone has made bookings from Agoda. Is their services and packages good as well?

Sometimes when I see too many ads from a company, I am not sure if it's because they just have a lot of funds for marketing and advertising, or their business is not good. :)

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Our favorite online booking firm is booking.com (not online.com) which has proved its worth to us. But we also have tried Agoda once and I’d say it’s equally good. Since 2011 when we started traveling abroad frequently (at least 3 times a year). These trusted booking sites don’t claim of the discounts they give but we have discovered that they give at least 10% discount. It was in 2015 when we booked in a Kuala Lumpur hotel. When we requested for an extension of one day, we were surprised that the price is more expensive than what we paid for in our online booking. The hotel officer said that it is indeed cheaper to book in online sites because we get a discount.

#2Mar 24, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2017
  3. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    @Alexandoy@Alexandoy Thank you for confirming that. I have always heard it is cheaper to book online, but I never compare the price before. So it is really better for us to book online, it is also easier for us to compare the price among the hotels, right? I will remember online.com if I go traveling next time too. Thanks!

4. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I always come across this site when I try anything regarding travel but I have never used it because I book through my company's official booking agent or makemytrip in case of my personal trips. In fact, I generally make direct booking either from my trusted agents or hotels directly because I have found that these travel website have so many hidden agenda or catch which make things complicated in the end.

5. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @kaka135@kaka135 Pardon me for the big mistake, sorry. It's BOOKING.COM and not online.com. Maybe I was using my phone when I posted that comment. But anyway,

is one of our trusted online booking sites and the accommodation for our trip to Japan last week was courtesy of booking.com. Again, it is booking.com and not online.com. Sorry for the mistake, mea culpa.

#5Mar 27, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2017
  6. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I have never used Agoda for online booking however I find Trivago the best as in it gives cost comparisons in one page for every room.

You can see best deals right there and then and so can decide so easily instead of visiting individual websites.