Have You Heard Of Paymaya?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by Jasmin Cottontail • Oct 17, 2016.

1. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    There is a new payment app called PayMaya. I think it's a virtual credit card which you can use in online transactions. You just need to download it from the Playstore or Appstore and register. You can then buy your card online and it will be delivered to you. I'm just not sure if it's available worldwide but I think it's also a reliable payment method not just online but as well as cashless payment :)

2. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Sounds cool I haven't heard of about this system of purchasing credit card online. From your description it looks as if this card is only usable in online trasactions, I guess will be a lot better if usable offline too. I'll like a reviews from those who are already on this system. Hope it goes global if it's a proven trusted and reliable way of obtaining a credit card.

3. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I have never heard of this payment method. I don't usually go for such cards, unless and until it is tried and tested before and found trustworthy. Please let us know whether it is trustworthy and when it goes global/ or whether it is globally used.

4. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I heard of it. I even purchased a card so I can use to withdraw my PayPal funds. I was able to connect it to my PayPal actually (the virtual one). However, I still can't link my card to the PayMaya app and I don't know what seemed to be the problem. I tried contacting them but I don't get any respond from them yet. This can be a good app as long as they keep a good service, which I doubt :(

5. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    I had mine linked to Paypal and I don't have a problem withdrawing from I. I'm not sure with @Jasmin Cottontail@Jasmin Cottontail if she was able to complete hers. Ask us some questions so we may be able to help you.

6. Jasmin Cottontail

Threads:
    Yes I do agree with @biege@biege. I purchased mine as well and linked my physical card to the app. However, I haven't tried transferring funds from PayPal to PayMaya yet since I've heard some negative reviews about it and I'm having a doubt using it for my PayPal withdrawal :(

7. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for attending my summon, @Jasmin Cottontail@Jasmin Cottontail. Don't worry, if there would be some problems with Paymaya, I'm sure their management will look into it and help you the best way they could. I remembered receiving a texts message from them about the system downtime, it may have been the cause of your problem last time. I've just have received the money I withdrawn from them, and it only took me 4 banking days.

8. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I own a debit card which I hardly use and I'm currently on a hunt for a replacement and this one sounds convinient. I will have to look more into it first in hopes that it is also international. Thank you for the infornation sure sounds like an interesting choice.

9. Jasmin Cottontail

Threads:
    @biege@biege I hope they really attend to their customers complain since there are really a lot because I checked their Facebook page and most people there are all complaining, and the worst was the customers service representatives does not even acknowledge the customers complain. Most complains are experiencing "seen zone" from PayMaya which is really infuriating. It really has a lot of potential but it's really important for them to look at their customers concern and provide a proper solution because if not because of it's customers, then they won't have a successful company right? :)

@kamai@kamai You're welcome :) Yes, it really is convenient although there are some people who experience problems with it and I hope their CSR will attend to those problems immediately to prevent losing lots of customers which will bring negative impact to their company. Anyway, you can still try it, I'm just not sure if it's available worldwide since it's a local company. You can check their website for more info,

. Cheers!

#9Nov 10, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2016
  10. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    This is a new one to me. Sounds pretty intriguing though, although anything with pay in the name really makes me double and triple check everything first. Might have to read a little more on this one.

11. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I visited the site and liked how the system works. But when I decided to install the app I was disappointed. It told me the app is not available in my country. I was thinking it's global though I had my reservation about this system earlier.

12. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    True. Customers are always right, that has been the key of the trade for most businesses. I guess, it's just too early for us to think negatively of the company. I'm sure its management is doing its best to cater most of the problems their customers has. Time will tell us what the outcome would be. All is well. :D

13. Jasmin Cottontail

Threads:
    I agree. I just really hope they fix their service since a lot of people are switching prepaid card providers because of the bad customer service. Anyway, let's see in a couple of months or probably years what they might become and if they upgraded their system as well as improve their customer service. Cheers! :D

14. haivu721vn

haivu721vnMember

Threads:
    Sound cool but I've never tried that one. There are already many methods to get a Visa card even without a bank account. So there's no point on getting a credit card through a mobile app. Actually I just can't trust apps that are new. I guess I will just wait until I can see any benefit.

15. FreelancerOnline

FreelancerOnlineNew Member

Threads:
    I am warning you guys. Paymaya's customer support are so fuckn slow. If you're a freelancer like me and planning an easy way to withdraw your earning, im telling you, do not use paymaya! they have a very slow response. And i mean it. it takes more than a week and several messages from you for them to respond. Ive been messaging them and made several phone calls for a week now regarding my upgrade request because i am not able to withdraw my money unless my account have been upgraded. and whats ironic here is that ive already transferred my earning to my paymaya account. now im cannot withdraw my earnings. i can only use it to buy things online, but i cannot transfer or withdraw.

16. Yallerts

YallertsNew Member

Threads:
    I am also one of the victims, and maybe our country's rights are limited by them (not political contradictions).

17. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    This looks interesting. Not sure if this sort of the system is country specific. If it's allowing US and UK then I am guessing it's good. But if it's limited to some nations. Then I am guessing this may not be a good option in the long run. I find it a bit harder to make use of the payment system that can be into such type of the system. I'd see what I can do with this type of the stuff though.

18. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    I have heard of Paymaya before but never tried it yet. Paymaya is available in my country which is the Philippines. When I have time, I will create an account there and I will try it and see if it works for me. Right now, I'm using Paypal as my payment method but sometimes it disappoints me because there were some errors when I use it sometimes. I hope that Paymaya is a better option though.

19. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    @FreelancerOnline@FreelancerOnline I'm very wary of new payment methods so would not use this until it had been around a bit longer and I could read some good reviews. Your post is informative and I hope people will take note before deciding to use Paymaya. Nothing worse than not being able to withdraw your money when you need it.

20. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I have heard of paymaya but never used it. I even don't know how it works. If we can buy credit cards, what payment methods are accepted. Does it accept paypal?