Have You Heard Of Paymaya?

Discussion in Bank Accounts started by Jasmin Cottontail • Oct 5, 2016.

1. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    There's a new app and I think it's like Paypal wherein you can use it for online transactions, and unlike Paypal, you can have your own card and use it for cashless transactions. I did registered and still navigating it and I think it's convenient to use just like Paypal. I'm just not sure if you can also link bank accounts to Paymaya just like Paypal since Paymaya has it's own card.

What are your thought about this?

2. Binu

BinuActive Member

Threads:
    This is the first time I heard about paymaya. If it is like paypal, I may look at it. Paypal does not work in my country and does not accept bank and cards based in my country. I will check out if paymaya recognizes my home country. I also need to check our where we can use paymaya?

3. Jasmin Cottontail

Threads:
    It's quite sad that Paypal is not available to some countries and knowing that Paypal is one of the most convenient way to transact online, I'm wondering how do people from those countries (who doesn't accept Paypal) transact online.

Yes you can check out PayMaya, I'm just not quite sure if it works worldwide but still it's in the process of upgrading I think because it's somewhat new but I hope it's available in your country :)

4. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    Hi! I use Paymaya to withdraw funds from Paypal. It's a local version of a Prepaid Visa here in the Philippines. The good thing about Paymaya is that you can register without banks asking you too much requirements--The only thing you need is a cellphone to download the app and use it to buy stuff online or pay your bills. Registration is a breeze and won't even take you 10 minutes to get started. It's still young though, but for me it's very promising. You can even get an actual Paymaya Visa card for just less $3.00 off Smart Jump centers, you can even use it to pay rides on P2P buses and trains. Paymaya is similar to Globe's version of Prepaid Mastercard.

5. Jasmin Cottontail

Threads:
    I already linked my PayMaya to my PayPal account a week ago. I haven't tried transferring funds from PayPal to PayMaya yet but I hope it won't take long just like when you transfer it to your bank account. I ordered a physical card online and still waiting for it. I wanted to buy it from an outlet however, there isn't available in our place or I haven't seen one yet.

How long have you been using your PayMaya to your PayPal account? Does it have a transfer fee just like when you transfer it to bank accounts? And how long does it usually take to transfer funds from PayPal to PayMaya?

6. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    I've been a member of PayMaya since February of this year. Paypal charges the customers $5.2 or about 250PHP in our currency. So, If you are planning to withdraw make sure that you are withdrawing large amounts. Before, every credit transactions took less than 2 banking days but recently, I took almost a week (I'm speculating that it may have been because of the recent flood hacking that happened to Paypal.

7. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    If Paymaya can effectively work like PayPal then that would be great for people who cannot access Paypal. I just hope it comes out strong and able to cover many locations especially those places where PayPal isn't fully in service. I am going to check this system out.

8. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    Oh no, Paymaya doesn't work like Paypal at all, but you can use it to have your Paypal verified (if you're living in the Philippines). Many find it easier to use Paymaya for that purpose because it's easy to apply for one. It's what they call a virtual credit card which isn't really a credit card because you have to fund it to be able to shop online or pay your bills. I'm not sure if they have facilities that allow you to withdraw your Paypal earning in cash. I'm using Unionbank's Eon card to encash my Paypal funds and though they have an annual fee of $7, they only charge the equivalent of two cents per ATM withdrawal regardless of the amount. Paypal only deducts $1 per transaction and they'll let you know that as soon as you withdraw your funds.

9. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I had never heard of it, actually... I had no idea of the existence of this app. But if it's practically like Paypal - and I'm extremely satisfied with Paypal's services :D - I don't have to try it.

Thanks for the tip anyway. ;)

10. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I would really love to check out Paymaya. If it's secure similar to Paypal and is available worldwide then I could be interested. The fact that it issues it's own card could be a plus. The negative factor in the equation, however could be that Paymaya may not be as widely recognized or accepted as Paypal is.

11. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have not heard of paymaya at all. I got paypal. I didn't know that people couldn't access paypal? Guess you got to have both to access your paypal, that some companies pay you with, only. Some companies pay payoneer, only, so I got a payoneer debit mastercard now too. If paymaya helps you with paypal it's great!