Have You Ever Been Scammed Online?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Rexy • Nov 18, 2017.

1. Rexy

RexyMember

Threads:
    Online shopping is great, you click a button and the next day, your product is outside your door, simple as that. But there are still people who take advantage of the fact that people are too comfortable shopping online. Meaning, that they take your money and don't give you your product. Personally, I've only been scammed on eBay, have you guys been scammed anywhere online? If so, please link the website so that nobody else of us gets scammed by them!

2. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I was once scammed on ebay, however, I was lucky enough to receive refund when I filed a paypal dispute. Sadly, I was not able to get refund when I invested online,. I invested in high yield programs and lost money. I had friends who warned me that I could lose money on high yield investment programs, but I was desperate to make quick money. I was scammed because of my greed. I lost money in bitcoin mining program.

3. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    This has never happened to me because I tend to be very cautious when I decide to devote my time to these types of jobs. I do searches for comments from other users, proof of payments and complaints before making the final decision.

4. walter12

walter12Active Member

Threads:
    It's nearly impossible to find or cross someone that has bought something online and was not scammed once in their lifetime during.

5. Rexy

RexyMember

Threads:
    Yeah, that is one of the amazing things about PayPal if you're a buyer, can be tough if you're a seller though and the buyer files an invalid dispute :p
    That's great. I do researches a lot as well before buying things online.
    Actually, I know a lot of people who haven't :p

6. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I have been scammed in many ways in the online medium, I bought something and I have received something else or a lower quality than it was said, I worked for paid to earn sites that didn't pay me at all and I have lost my time there, I have been scammed by buying some app that didn't offer me what it was said it will.
    The Internet is full of scams and scammers, we must take care what we choose!

7. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Shopping online has no record or I experience I have had been scammed. But online writing I have been victimized. I am sorry I won't mention them here. And most of them had finally been closed and there were many of us who have an outstanding balance in out respective bank or wallet which hadn't been cashout or paid.

8. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    I never experienced being scammed when buying things online because I am very extra careful when using my money online. I always check the reviews of the shop first and check if it is 100% legit and reliable. Online scammers are everywhere so I suggest to be careful.

9. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't been scammed if we are talking about online shopping. I usually check the seller if he has a lot of good reviews from former customers and I usually go for sellers who offer cash on delivery. In terms of being scammed online, I have been scammed by people who ask me to join some bitcoin sites where I can make bitcoin. I join and put a lot of effort but after a few weeks the site would no longer be working.

10. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    @Rexy@Rexy I never start joining a website without first doing this kind of search (even if the site seems to be something incredible). It's a great way to not waste time and avoid possible headaches.

11. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    So far so lucky. If anyone ever gets scammed, check with the sites customer service so you can get a refund and the site will know about the bad seller and get your refund. Work together with the company's security too and ask them if you should report the incident to ic3.gov too. To go a step more, you can go to ic3.gov, if it's a different kind of scam like financial scams, the internet FBI should know about them and you can help the country and world by reporting scams.

12. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Not really! I have never been scammed on any eCommerce or shopping site so far or invested in any online company which I am not familiar with. But if you take into fake writing or other sites which pay for your contribution then yes, I have number of such examples. In fact I started my online journey with two fake sites that did not pay me for my three months contribution.

13. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    If you are asking about online shopping, I have never been scammed online. But in general, I have been scammed online by some PTC sites. I already learned from it and so I don't visit PTC sites anymore.

14. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have been scammed a few times online. Once in High Yield Investment plan. I had invested a small amount though, and therefore was not so much upset. The other times were fake products. My mistake was that I did not read the review of the products. Now, before buying anything, the first thing I do is google that product and try to read as much reviews as possible and only then buy that product or invest on that site. Most of the work at home sites that ask for registration amount are fake. Never invest in those sites.

15. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    I too have some bad experience with ebay, as I got the duplicate product from one seller in name of company name. But after that I know what things I have to see before buying anything on ebay and other sites. Also I am quite sure to buy which things from which site. So I guess I haven't any bad experience after that.

16. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    Fortunately I have never been scammed before. I don't shop online for starters and I am always wary of where and how I divulge my personal details online. I have a separate email address for banking and a general email for social media and forum posting. I also never respond to unsolicited emails as this is where it all starts from.

17. Rexy

RexyMember

Threads:
    Yeah, that sucks. I literally JUST got scammed by someone on eBay, I bought an iPhone X, but it was an iPhone 8, they literally used a fake picture. I managed to chargeback though and I am currently returning the product.

Yeah, eBay is a hard place to be on!

18. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Did you try to contact the site for replacement of your item or you accepted the fake item as it was? I would have immediately asked for my money back and if the company made any excuses I would take them to consumer court. I don't think a reputed site would even let its customer cheated by its sellers and let its reputation go down. In most cases they de-list such sellers and force them to refund or pay from their own source.

19. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    Only once.
    The other times were from trying to work online jobs that would wait for me to do the job, and then once I'd reach payout, simply wouldn't respond, and not pay me for the work I'd done. One place even closed up entirely once everyone reached payout. These are like the "get paid to click" sites....notorious for scamming.
    As for the one time I got scammed shopping online, it wasn't really a scam, it was right after I purchased something for my niece from a website that I swear looked like it was being run by children. Or teens. Anyway, right after I made the purchase, strange withdrawals started showing up on my bank statements, like for apple itunes, etc. Stuff I would have never spent money on. So I changed my bank card right after that...and learned to never buy from companies with teenagers making the products. (Nothing against teens, just this particular online store looked shady right from the start.) :eek:;)

20. mbuzma

mbuzmaActive Member

Threads:
    I have been scammed once buying a used graphics card through my local internet retailer. It wasn't completely broken but was unstable at full load, load temps were much higher than they should have been and the fan was making an awful grinding noise - I think it was actually used for mining previously. Barely even got a refund. I've been more careful since.
    As for Ebay, I've only bought a few things off there and bought from trusted sellers so I haven't been scammed.