Has Anyone gone on a Whale-watching tour, and if so what kind of whales did you see?

Discussion in Travel started by niceness8000 • Aug 13, 2012.

1. niceness8000

niceness8000Active Member

Threads:
    I want to see a Blue whale. It's the biggest creature that has ever existed on our planet. I know that they are rare and probably hard to find, even on whale-watching tours. But just imagine what would go through your mind seeing something like that in the Wild - in its own habitat. I can't imagine how awesome that would be. I am willing to travel anywhere in the world to take a Blue whale whale-watching tour. I am willing to put together the finances (no matter how high), to take this trip. Some experiences you have in life you just need to have, regardless of the cost. For me, this is one of those experiences.

2. KNH

KNHActive Member

Threads:
    I personally have not been, but my roommate went one time a few years back. She said regardless the price, it was worth every penny! Her brother is not into animals and the wild at all but he too agreed it was more than worth it! I hope you get to go! :)

3. niceness8000

niceness8000Active Member

Threads:
    That sounds awesome! Did they tell you what kind of animals they saw? I also heard that sometimes dolphin will swim along side the boat as it moves into position to watch whales. I have hand fed dolphin at SeaWorld on a number of occasions, so I am not as likely to do a dolphin watching tour. But seeing them in the Wild is a perk, I would imagine. And I must say: I have no doubt I will be going to see whales in the near future. What I really need to find out is where and when I have the best chances of seeing some of the whales I hope to see. A big bonus for me is that I most likely will have to go to another country to see Blue whales - something I consider just another perk!. Thank you for the encouraging words though!!