Has Anyone Been to Brazil (Rio de Janeiro) or Lives There?

Discussion in Travel started by Parker • Feb 19, 2013.

1. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I will be traveling to Brazil this summer. I am very excited. It's been a long time since I have been on vacation. I will be going on a tour with a group from my church.

Part of the trip includes three days to explore Rio on our own. I'm looking for recommendations of things to see and do in the city.

Thanks

2. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I live in Argentina so I've been to Brazil a few times for summer vacations. I have only been to the Río Grande do Sul and Santa Catarina states, which are located in southern Brazil. Florianopolis was one of my favorite destinations; the place has great, clean beaches with warm water and lots of places, restaurants, shopping centers, etc. that you can visit, depending on what you like.

My parents recently went on a trip to Rio de Janeiro and they said they had a wonderful time. They stayed in a resort though, didn't really move around the city much. Some parts can be very unsafe and certainly not the best to go to at night.

By the way, any chance you'll be staying until late summer? Rock in Rio 2013 is taking place on September! If only I had the money to go :p

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Rock in Rio sounds exciting, but I will only be there for two weeks in July.

I will be visiting Manaus, Salvador Bahia, Rio de Janeiro, Brasilia and Abadiania. Rio is the only place where I will have a few days for exploration.

4. vk kapoor

vk kapoorMember

Threads:
    My mother is from Sao Paulo. I've been to Brazil several times now, and most of my family on my mother's side still lives there. What would you like to know?