Growing Your Own Flowers

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by luri • Aug 22, 2017.

1. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    You can save a lot of money if you grow flowers in your back/front yard. Since flower is one of the common gifts (you give flowers for wedding as well as place flowers on the grave). If you have garden space, i will not be difficult to grow flowers. Rose, marigold, dalahia, lily are easy to grow. Even if you don't have a gardeing space, you can grow flowers on vase and pots as well as on your terrace.

2. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not sure if you can give those flowers when someone has died, since they seem to be arranged in a "special way", and they're of a certain kind, but you can surely give them as a casual gift, like for valentines. We have some flowers in our front yard and they serve as good decorations for our garden.

3. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    Actually, this is the reason why I planted so many flowers in my yard. I planted a lot of roses because these flowers are used to make them as a gift for a special occasion. I have red and yellow roses and the next year I want to plant some white roses!

4. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    This sounds very interesting if you have some land to plant some flowers on-and you can sell them at the farmers market,florists and restaurants as well. It seems like the start-up costs are rather low-and some of the flowers they recommend are Ageratum(clusters of long-lasting flowers in red, white and blue). Another flower is Larkspur(a buttercup kind of flower)and yet another is the Snapdragon and Sunflowers go for quite a bit of money as well- also you could sell edible flowers to chefs at restaurants.

5. Haroon Rasheed

Haroon RasheedMember

Threads:
    Flowers are most cheaper and beautiful to show your love for friends and other close relatives.I love the flowers of different colors since my childhood.To make me feel better, I have planted so many flowers in my garden.I would like to say that flowers are commonly being used as gifts nowadays.That's why many people become happy to receive flowers from their beloved ones.Sometimes I use many flowers to decorate my room decently.

6. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    I would love to have my own garden of roses. That would be really cool:). However, I think sending these flowers as a gift would be a bit far-off. Flowers for gifts are usually arranged in a certain way and flowers picked from a garden just ends up looking like a group of squashed up flowers choking for dear life:D. Unless you have a great eye and hand for gardening, I don't think one should have have a rose garden flower just for the purpose of giving out as presents.

7. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I think this is really cool and really helps save good money per month, but it's not the kind of activity for me because I do not have the patience for it. :D

8. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I appreciate homes with lots of flowers around them. However, flowers don't seem to bloom at the time when you need to give them as gifts. It seems more practical to just buy the occasional flowers when you need them and to use the vacant lot to plant edible plants that you can consume throughout the year.

9. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    Chamomile and roses are awesome because not only you can use them as decorations there are also multipurpose. You can use them for making tea and salads.

Chamomile flowers tasted like apples so you can eat them directly or mix them for desserts. Chamomile tea can also cure insomnia.

Rosepetals can be used to make rose tea, rose water which is a popular dessert ingredient and rosepetal tempura is a delicious crispy snack.

10. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    I love growing flowers too but because of space constraints I just have one hibiscus plant, a couple of purplish blue pea flower vines and occasional marigolds. This year I did plant some Balsam flower plants and they were a lovely assortment of white, light purple, pink and bright pink flowers. I do have a rose which is fragrant, delicate pink but for some reason, has not bloomed for the last two years.

11. lucykey

lucykeyMember

Threads:
    I quit agree with you that you can plant flowers in your garden for whatever reason. Growing flowers is such a cool idea to engage in, but also it depends on the intention you have towards the same. For me I could this with the intention of beautifying my compounding and not for sale because when you plant flowers for sale you probably need enough space and some little experience on the same.

Some flowers need special care than we may imagine that is why I cannot plant flowers for other reasons other than for making my compound look nice.