Group or solo travel?

Discussion in Travel started by chiofthenorns • Sep 4, 2014.

1. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I like being alone. I don't like it when I am with people, and we don't agree on the places we would go to while traveling. However, traveling alone just seems sad sometimes because you have no one to share stories with or eat with. What do you prefer? Do you like traveling solo or going on group trips?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like to travel alone, but also like group trips when it is an adventure one like hiking as it can be cheaper to get to places and is safer to do the activities in numbers.
    There are pros and cons, if you can find someone on the same wavelength to travel with that is great, but often there is compromise and you could wait for a long time for the right time and price.

With social media, it is easy to share with people on the spot and yes, it can be lonely but better to travel alone, than to never travel at all.

3. daren

darenMember

Threads:
    if you feel comfortable I'd rather suggest to go alone because you fell comfortable during the travelling that's why i suggest to you that go to alone and also Depends on what you feel more comfortable doing....

4. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer travelling with a person who is independent and understands that I enjoy doing things on my own. I need space and freedom when I travel, and don't like to be involved in group activities unless it is a guided historical or cultural tour. Basically, I really don't want to feel stressed during my vacation or deal with people who can't entertain themselves and constantly need to involve me in their activities.

5. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I love travelling on my own, I love looking out of the window with music on and watching the world whiz by. I sometimes travel with a couple of other people and that is about as big a traveling group as I'd like to be a part of. :)

6. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I like group trips. The only time I travel solo is when I am going to work, the store and anywhere else in the town where I live. When I leave my state, I always go with my boyfriend, family members or other friends. We typically agree on where we are going once we reach our destination. Also, if other people prefer to do something I don't want to do, I preoccupy my time by going to the place of my choice and meet up with the group later. It's never been a big deal for me. I always have a map of certain places I want to visit and usually get to those places all the time and sometimes by myself.

7. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I'll be the first to admit that I'm more of a loner but the idea of traveling alone does seem a bit sad although some people have mentioned that they do just that and enjoy it. I think if you're going on a singles cruise or something where other people will also be alone or if your an outgoing person who can make connections along your travels then maybe it wouldn't be so bad. I would do better traveling in group.

8. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I personally like group traveling. I enjoy being around my friends and family. We always plan every trip and each person that goes will be given an agenda. This makes it where we barely have any disagreements on what we are going to do while on the trip.

9. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    I love travelling to the max! It's freeing, exhilarating and awe-inspiring in so many ways! Whether it's the breathtaking views from the mountainsides of Caribbean countries like Jamaica, the historic monuments and landmark constructions, like the Panama canal, or the heart-stopping rollercoaster and adventure rides at US theme parks, I'm a traveler by birth, I'm sure!
    But I must say that based on having shared both experiences, of having traveled alone and at another point, with company, I do prefer the group trips!
    Now, I do respect the need for solace and inner "quiet time", and I also see the beauty in taking one's own personal time to fully observe and absorb the new and unique surroundings that one is exposed to when one travel's to a new country, but what is beauty and enjoyment if you have no one to actually share it with?
    Traveling alone re-kindles an independent spirit that perhaps one had thought one had lost amidst the noise and chaos of on'e day-to-day life, but it's about time that we realized that time and surroundings can be savored individually, even in the middle of the largest crowd!
    People are the ones who make an "ordinary day" hilariously unforgettable. They are the most prominent characteristic that we hold on to when we travel to these foreign lands, and they are surely what help to make us feel comfortable and secure when we have just been immersed into an entirely new and different culture.
    I'd say group trips over solo trips any day!

10. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'd prefer traveling with other people. Apart from sharing the costs of everything, you always know that there's someone watching your back. You can have more fun when you travel as a group and once the day is over, you'd have even more fun just conversing and planning what you'd do the next day.

Traveling alone might sound great at first but since you'd need to make friends with strangers [no person is an island] if it's people you wanted to avoid you can't just help it. Better the devil(s) you know than the angels you've not met yet.