Grateful For Fall

Discussion in Utilities started by Ke Gordon • Aug 5, 2015.

1. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am wondering if other people are grateful for the upcoming Fall? In terms of utility bills, my bills are always the least expensive in the Spring and the Fall since I am not using the heat or the air conditioning very much. I am so looking forward to less expensive utility bills and more pleasant temperatures. I really hate the summer here in Central VA. partly for that reason, although the rest of the year is pretty good.

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thiis summer has not been too bad as far as the utility bills have not been too high. The winter causes the bills to go higher, but I do like the summer more than I do winter no matter how high the bills get to be.

3. Sunshine703

Sunshine703Active Member

Threads:
    Yeah, winter is always a pain no matter how bad the weather gets because it's alway either cold or freezing! But this summer wasn't really all that bad, I've lived out most of this summer without turning on the air condition. It's really not a bad summer so I'm expecting a lot of savings from summer till the end of fall. Unless it's actually boiling hot, I never turn on the AC, just the fan is enough for me. But winter is not as easy because you need to turn on the heat at times or else pipes will freeze up and burst. A lot more at stake then just feeling cold. I'd rather use money on heat then spend them on repairs haha.

4. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I do certainly look forward to fall quite a lot from an energy bills point of view, as it means that I am able to save a little money to get back what I overspent in the summer months. I do try to do without using energy on heating or cooling my home as much as I possibly can, but sometimes things are just so hot during the summer that there is no way at all that I can do without it, which is a shame really. But on the whole I am trying to save a lot of money, and I know that it is going to be more than worth it in the long term.

5. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been keeping my thermostat really high this year, so the A/C hasn't been running as much as in years past. Thankfully, I've been able to pay the electric bills, although they will definitely decrease once the cooler weather arrives. I am indoors, as well, most of the Summer, because I can't handle the heat, so I'll be happy when I can get out of the house and do more. The gas bills in the Winter are higher, due to heat, but not nearly as expensive as electricity is for running the A/C. Fall and Spring are my favorite seasons, since the weather is much better for outdoors activities, and also as @Ke Gordon@Ke Gordon mentioned, the utility bills are much more affordable.

6. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    Oh how I wish I could say the same - but as we only have two seasons where I live - both of which are of the two extremes with nothing in between - we unfortunately don't get the benefit of that seasonal lull in energy bills - in fact as there is no gas here other than butane and there is no other option than using electric for heating along with tons of wood in the winter - I'm really not looking forward to October - as its generally around then that the AC goes off and the energy bills start to spiral upwards at an alarming rate - with even the minimum amount of heating on - or rather just enough to maintain a comfortable temperature with a coat on.

7. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Last summer when the weather was extremely hot, people here were praying for the rainy season to come earlier. And it did. However, the rains were extremes also such that it caused undue flooding of the metropolis. People were stranded in the streets that were not passable by vehicles. Now the rains are still here and we are praying that there wouldn't be a strong typhoon that will hit our country.

8. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Things are the other way round here in the UK and autumn always means a rise in energy bills which will continue until at least March next year. We have no real need for air conditioning during summer but heating is essential during the winter months as it gets so cold here.